April 29, 2016
- Thank you for the wonderful attendance, punctuality, and support during Milestones Testing. The students worked very diligently and we are super proud!
- Website: www.fenwickturner.weebly.com
From Ms. Fenwick
Spelling: No Spelling this week! Cursive book pages 75-100 is due on May 2nd.
Reading: Our Genre Bingo Card will be due on May 16th! Don't forget that a Reading Check-In on eCLASS is due every Friday under Fourth Nine Weeks.
Book Clubs: All of my reading students have been assigned a "Book Club" book to be counted as either a "Teacher Assigned" book or any needed genre on their Genre Bingo Cards. Book Clubs will meet every Tuesday and Friday during your child's reading time for the rest of the school year for a total of 6 meetings (we had our first today). Students will have chapters to read and a job sheet to complete in preparation for these meetings. These 6 completed job sheets will count as 15 points each and an end of book summary will be counted as 10 points to add up to a 100 point test grade. Their novels should go home and come back to school with them every day as they will have some time to read in class, but also may need to read at home to stay caught up for each book club meeting. Our next meeting is this upcoming Tuesday, May 3rd.
Writing: We will review dialogue using a book we will read together, Twilight Comes Twice. We will also finish planning our Autobiographies and begin writing them.
From Mrs. Turner
- Math: Wrapping up Measurement. Test is May 3rd.
- SS: We will continue to work on digging deeper into Westward Expansion. Resources may be found on eClass and our website: http://fenwickturner.weebly.com/social-studies.html
- Science: We finish our ecosystems project next week and will present then. Resources may be found on eClass and our website: http://fenwickturner.weebly.com/science.html Test is May 13.
Don't Forget! (repeat)
- Please join quizlet for Ms. Fenwick and Mrs. Turner: https://quizlet.com/join/Zyu8JdY4S AND https://quizlet.com/join/nxQx2fuGm
- Please join remind for Ms. Fenwick and Mrs. Turner (we'll send out subject specific items as well as homeroom items so join both!)
- Check our Google calendar and website often for dates, resources, and information! fenwickturner.weebly.com
- Curriculum Night questions are answered on our website. http://fenwickturner.weebly.com/forms--links.html