Date: September 29, 2019
Quote of the Week
"Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go."
Congratulations again on an "Excellent" school report card grade again this year! You should be proud that our students grew in every category and continue to have a top rating in student progress. Your hard work and belief that all kids can learn is a large part of what makes our school successful. Thank you for all that you do. Enjoy and spread joy in the week ahead!
Peter, Sarah, and Aaryn
- Shout Outs: To all staff for their enthusiasm for Boosterthon! Our school's pledges will provide our PTA with $51,000 in profit.
- Principal Update: For those of you who weren't at the faculty meeting on Wednesday, it was shared that Adam Fantone, the new principal, will transition to Springfield Elementary starting in January. We will be scheduling days for him to shadow and visit prior to the transition. He is excited to begin and will do a great job! This information will be shared with parents tomorrow, Monday, September 30.
- SIC: We are still looking for one or two more faculty members to join the SIC this year. Meetings are once a month at 6:00 pm on a Wednesday. The first meeting is October 23. Please let Peter know if you are interested.
- Appreciation/Celebration: We are arranging a treat for the staff in celebration of the "Excellent" school report card. More details to come.
- Wednesday: We will have a brief faculty meeting in the gym this Wednesday afternoon. You may preview the bookfair afterwords if you want to make a wish list.
- SLO's: We will meet with grade levels during PLC's this Tuesday to conduct the Fall SLO meetings. For non-grade level teachers, administration will schedule a time with you.
- Lockdown Drill: Thanks for the great job during the drill. Our next one will not be announced ahead of time. Remember to check to see if your door is locked every morning. Make this part of your routine.
- Curriculum Night: We will be providing dinner to staff members at 5:00 the evening of curriculum night. It will be a pizza dinner and drinks.
- Parent Conferences & 10/21 Workday: We are approaching that time of year when you will be scheduling parent conferences. You may schedule these as your schedule allows, but do not schedule conferences during PLC meetings or Wednesday afternoons. We are not holding any meetings on the 10/21 workday, so this whole day can be used for conferences if you like.
PJ Inness, 9/29
Angela Sigler, 9/30
Tammy League, 10/2
- 9/30: Vision/Hearing Screening
- 10/1: Vision/Hearing Screening, SLO/ELA PLC Meetings
- 10/2: Fall Pictures; Custodian Appreciation Day; Faculty Meeting at 2:50, Book Fair Teacher Preview
- 10/3: Vision/Hearing Screening, Book Fair
- 10/4: School Spirit Day, Blue Pops, 1st Grade Apple Pies, Outdoor Family Movie Night & Book Fair Open
- 10/7-10/11: Book Fair
- 10/8: Curriculum Night, School Board Meeting at 6:00
- 10/11: Hosting Elementary School Principal's Meeting 10-2
- 10/14: Anti Bullying Assemblies (4th, 1st, K at 8:00 & 5th, 2nd, 3rd at 9:00), Hosting District Reading Coach Meeting, School Board visit 12:15-1:00