To Kill A Mockingbird
What do novels show us about humanity?
The novel shows us the complexity of human nature. We see the best and the worst that people are capable of. Harper Lee shows us an adult world through a child's eyes and An adult's memories of being a child.
Things to Look for as you read
- The voice of the narrator and the voice of the author
- The language used by the characters
- The setting and how it is described
- The key events in the plot
- The way that you react to what you read
- The links you make with other things you have read and know