Transfiguration School Newsletter
October 19th, 2020
News and Notes
Happy Monday! I hope you had a great weekend. October is flying by! I want to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience and help on Friday. Our first rainy day dismissal was a success. Please continue to have your child's name and grade on your dashboard. It really helps to speed up our pickup.
Please see below for some very important updates from the Parents' Guild.
8th grade parents, don't forget the following TACHS deadlines.
- TACHS registration will close next Friday, October 23rd, at 5pm. There will be no late registrations or "Walk-ins" this year.
- All high school choices must be listed on the TACHS website by November 5th.
Have a great week,
Service Program Update!
COMMUNITY SERVICE UPDATES:
Looking ahead, we will be doing several drives during the months of November and December to raise funds or collect items for those less fortunate right here in our own Transfiguration Community.
November 1 - November 6 - THANKSGIVING FOOD DRIVE for St. Vincent de Paul Society at Transfiguration Church
November 5 - DRESS DOWN DAY in exchange for an item on your grade's Thanksgiving Food Drive shopping list
December 1 - #GivingTuesday DRESS DOWN Fundraiser $2.00 - proceeds to St. Vincent de Paul Food Pantry to purchase holiday gift cards
November 23 - December 11 - Giving Tree Gifts for Needy Children (there will be a signup genius to purchase gifts this year, more information to follow)
Thanks in advance for your interest and participation!
Parents' Guild Update
- If you have not done so, please sign up for the Parents' Guild Remind. This is one of the ways that they can communicate with the parents with important reminders and announcements. Their class code is dgk8gh
- Class parents will be reaching out you regarding the Halloween Parties and guidelines.
- Parents - Don't forget to turn in your Box Tops! PLEASE sort out expired BoxTops, as they no longer have any value. And if you haven't already, please download and start using the BoxTops app. Directions are below.
- Directions for Stop and Shop can also be found below.
*As you begin to plan for Halloween Costumes, please keep the following standards in mind:
-no scary, gory or inappropriate costumes (ask teacher/principal if you are unsure)
-no costumes that depict inappropriate characters or characters that are not positive examples for children in the world today
-no evil villains of any kind (so Batman is ok but NOT the Joker for example)
-no masks/face coverings or full face paint
-no props that depict weapons of any kind
-skirts must be no shorter than 2 inches above the knee
-students MUST wear tennis shoes with their costumes SO if the character normally wears sandals, for example, your child MUST wear sneakers.
-No blow up costumes.