Third Grade Cardinal Chronicle
April 29, 2016
Ms. Grubbs's Class
Follow us on Twitter: @jamie_grubbs
Upcoming Dates to Remember
May 20 - Field Day
May 21 - Geist 5K
May 26 - Last student day
Next Week's Special Area Classes
- Monday- Day 2 Music
- Tuesday- Day 3 Art
- Wednesday- Day 4 PE
- Thursday- Day 5 - Music
- Friday- Day 6 Art
Here's What's Happening in Ms. Grubbs's Class
- This week we will continue our poetry unit. The students will listen to and learn about many different types of poetry. They will have an opportunity to write their own poetry.
- We will continue to do Daily 5 activities where students have the opportunity to read and write independently.
- I will continue with End of the Year progress monitoring
- We will review all graphs :Pictograph, Bar, Line, Circle and Line Plots
- Study Guide on Monday, Test on Tuesday
- Begin Probability Unit
- Students will write their own poetry this week!
- Students will continue to write about topics of their choice.
- We will be writing on a website call storybird.com and continuing our writing at nightzookeeper.com. They can write on either of these websites at home! :)
We will begin our unit on our community.
We will begin to explore Fishers, IN., and what makes it so fantastic! :)
NEWS FROM THE THORPE CREEK OFFICE
BOX TOPS AND LABELS FOR EDUCATION
Hello TCE Parents!
We are doing an amazing job this year! We have collected over
Box Tops and
Labels for Education since June! (WOO-HOO!)
To help motivate you and your children to continue to collect and submit these valuable pieces of cardboard and labels, I’d like to remind you all about a series of contests that have been implemented. Please see below for the details …
Each student who turns in Box Tops and / or Labels for Education will be entered into a drawing, of which 3 lucky students (chosen at random) will receive a goodie bag! The top collector will also be awarded an amazing prize! As an added bonus, I will keep track of what was turned in by who so that the class with the most submitted by the end of the year (for each grade!) will receive something special!
Please be sure that the Box Tops and Labels for Education are taped on their respective pages (or that they are in a sealed baggie) and that your child’s name, grade and teacher’s name is put on the page. Thank you, in advance for your efforts!
Winter Contest (December - February)
Collection Deadline: Friday, February 19th
Winners announced: Friday, February 29th
Spring Contest (March - May)
Collection Deadline: Friday, May 12th
Winners announced: Friday, May 19th
I will be picking up the Box Tops and Labels for Education on Friday afternoons so please feel free to turn in your sheets as you complete them and I promise to keep a running total for your child!