News You Can Use: Sept. 12, 22
September 12, 2022
Monday, September 12, 2022
Thursday, September 15, 2022
- Virtual Home & School meeting at 1:00 pm *link will be sent on the morning of Sept. 15
- Parent/Teacher Conference Sign-up Opens
Monday, September 19, 2022
- Student representatives from Beebe will lead the Pledge of Allegiance at the start of the Board of Education Meeting
Tuesday, September 27, 2022
- Vision & Hearing Screenings (Identified grade level or students)
Thursday, September 29, 2022
- Parent/Teacher Conference Sign-up Closes
Thursday, October 6, 2022
- No School / Institute Day for Certified Staff
- Parent/Teacher Conferences @ 5:00 - 8:30 pm *virtual
Friday, October 7, 2022
- No School
- Parent/Teacher Conferences @ 8:00 -12:00 pm *virtual
Start of Day Reminders
- Students should arrive at school between 8:00 - 8:10. This will allow them time to get breakfast if they choose and get unpacked and in their seats by the 8:15 bell. Our instructional day does begin at 8:15 am so students need to be ready to learn at that time. If they are not in their seats they will be marked tardy.
- Adults must stay in their car during drop off in the pick up lane. If your child needs your assistance please park in the lot and provide the necessary support. Staff is available to open up the door and help your child out.
- All students must get out on the passenger side of the car. If that is not possible, please park in the lot and walk your child over.
School Grounds (Playground)
Lost & Found
We do have a lost and found located in the vestibule of our office. Please try to write your child's name on items which will allow us to get it back to them. If your child is missing something, encourage them to come to the lost and found to try to locate it. Younger students need support with what the item looks like. Ex. Make sure you stop by the lost and found to look for your blue sweatshirt that has a zipper in the front.
Items not picked up at the end of each trimester gets donated to a local charity.
One Community: Exploring to Innovate & Inspire
On Friday, September 2, we learned that our One Community: Exploring to Innovate & Inspire author and illustrator are Candace Fleming and Eric Rohmann! We have already read one of their books, Honeybee, as a school! In order to extend our One Community… into your homes we have prepared a list of activities for you to explore with your family. The document has links where you can learn more facts about honeybees as well as a video to learn how bees create their honey. The final piece of the project is to create a model of a honey bee as a family! Be innovative in the materials you use and have fun! We invite you to send in the models you create with your family to school. We will display them in the LC so that others can be inspired by your family’s innovation. Please send your displays to Beebe by Friday, September 30!
A copy of this home activity will come home on today, on Monday, September 12. You can also click on the button below to access the flyer and the links to explore.
Vision & Hearing Screenings - September 27, 2022
DuPage County Vision & Hearing Screening
Early identification of potential vision and hearing problems is crucial to academic success. The Illinois Child Vision and Hearing Test Act (410 ILCS 205), mandates vision and hearing screening programs for preschool and school age children.
· Hearing screening is mandated to be offered for students in grades PK, K, 1, 2 and 3.
· Vision screening is mandated to be offered for students in grades PK, K, 2 and 8.
· Hearing and vision screenings are also conducted for transfer students and students who receive special education annually.
The DuPage County Health Department, who conducts these screenings for our students, requires that students wear a mask during the screening, which takes 5-10 minutes. We will provide a mask for any student who does not have one to wear for this screening.
All parents have the option to opt out of screening. If you do not want your student screened, please notify the health office at your student’s school.
ANNOUNCING: RAINBOWS FOR ALL CHILDREN’S SUPPORT GROUP
Rainbows for All Children is an international, nonprofit organization that trains volunteers
at community-based sites to lead structured, age-specific
support groups who are grieving the loss of a family member
because of death, separation/divorce, incarceration, deployment, deportation,
significant illness, or any other traumatic, life-altering event. Unlike traditional individual therapy,
children can grieve, communicate, and heal among their peers.
They no longer feel alone in their grief and gain confidence from group support. www.rainbows.org
What a Rainbows support group can do for your child/ren:
· Improve their school attendance, behavior, and academic performance
· Help develop and strengthen their problem-solving, coping and communication skills
· Teach stress and anger management
· Alleviate their depression and anxiety, emotional pain, and suffering
· Reduce the likelihood of destructive behavior
Open to all students in 1st grade through 8th grade
Thursday 6:15 PM-7:15 PM in the classrooms of St. Raphael School in Naperville
September 15 – November 10, 2022, and January 12 – March 9, 2023
For more information or to register,
contact Nisha Sotiroff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-649-1671
Home & School News
HOME & SCHOOL VOLUNTEERS WANTED!
It was so nice meeting everyone for coffee and snacks at our Meet & Greet on September 1st. Don't forget to sign up for open roles so YOU can be a part of your student's success this year! Positions range from big to small, hands-on to in-the-background. There's something for everyone here: https://tinyurl.com/beebe2022
NEXT HOME & SCHOOL MEETING - 9/15, via Zoom
Join us Thursday September 15th at 1pm for our next Home & School meeting. Each meeting is open to every Beebe parent and is dedicated to creating the link between your student and your home. A zoom link will be emailed on the morning of our meeting.
FALL FUNDRAISER - DEADLINE EXTENDED to 9/16!
If you haven't made a sale yet - it's not too late! OR if you missed a few family members - keep on selling! Head to https://clubschoicefundraising.com/register Our School Code is "Beeb23" Funds from sales go directly to our general Home & School fund and help ensure every Bobcat has an awesome year. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU'VE DONE SO FAR!
FAMILY MOVIE NIGHT RETURNS ON SEPTEMBER 30TH
Bring a blanket, some chairs, and a snack and cozy up for a movie viewing under the stars. The movie choice will be revealed soon - so stay tuned!
BEEBE ADULT SOCIAL IS BACK - SAVE THE DATE Oct 22
We have an amazing plan coming together for our next Adult Social. So save the date - October 22nd is going to be epic! Check BeebeAdultSocial.com for updates.