NMS Guided Reading PLC
January 6, 2016
Welcome Back!! WELCOME to 2016!!
What Teachers Make Final Moviebk2 0001
- Google Classroom Code -- 2u2kxd
- ELA/Social Studies Curriculum Night -- February 10th
- Moments that Matter - K. Gallegher's Book In the Best Interest of Students
- Make a list of Moments that Matter; Weather Moments -- share your moments -- how could this be used with our students?
- Let's take a look at Gallegher's other Moments -- discuss with a partner how we could use these/alter them in our classrooms -- value?
Suggestions for Next Year
- Send Stacy your booth and supply requests for Curriculum Night
- Add suggestions for next year when you think of them
- Lesson plans due Friday by 4pm in Google
- Supplies and purchasing requests go through Stacy Holt
- Weekly Formative Assessments -- we must check for understanding as we go
4 Essential Collaborative Planning Questions to Keep in Mind...
- What is it we want our students to learn?
- How will we know if each student has learned it?
- How will we respond when some students do not learn it?
- How can we extend and enrich the learning for students who have demonstrated proficiency?