Weekly News and Information
September 23, 2015
I am so sorry for the lack of information I have shared in the past 2 weeks. I have been working with this new newsletter platform and have had some struggles with it! Here is a bunch of information for you!
The children have been working so hard all day! They have practiced with each of the Daily 5 centers and are doing well remembering their responsibilities in each area. The biggest challenge has been working using a quiet voice so that others can concentrate. They have done very well completing the activities and working with letters and sounds.
Several people have asked about how to frame words. This is when you ask your child to use both index fingers to show you a word. The word should be positioned between his/her fingers.
During math the children have been working very hard using and learning the formation for the numbers 6-10. While working with these numerals the children have practiced decomposing the numbers by finding their partners (_____ + ______ = 8) They have also been working on determining if numbers and quantities are more or fewer than given set.
During writing the children have been working very hard on a fall book. They have been labeling their pictures and even writing some sentences as we have talked about things that happen during fall.
- We track out next week on September 30th. The children will have the opportunity to spend some time in the classroom where we will be spending the next 2 quarters. Beginning at around 2:00 we will head to that classroom to do some activities with Mrs. Romines class. I think that this will help the children feel more comfortable with the idea of moving to a new room!
- If you have not returned your child’s pictures or the payment for the pictures you would like to keep, please do so as soon as possible! They were due on September 18th.
- We are still collecting the $5.00 payment for our field trip to Marbles as well as the permission and lunch forms. If you have not returned these items for your child, please do so as soon as you are able.
- The children will not need to bring their towels next week. I will send them home on Friday and we will no longer require them for quiet time as we will begin to use this time to read and for Math centers.
- You will be getting a parent handbook from WCPSS. Please sign and return the back page of this booklet. We are required to collect these from every student!