Tison Roo News 2015-16
Week of January 11th - 15th
UPCOMING TISON EVENTS
Thursday, Jan. 14 -- BOYS Basketball vs. Brewer @ 5:00 PM (HOME) / GIRLS Basketball vs. Brewer @ 5:00 PM (AWAY)
Friday, Jan. 15 -- SICKLE DAY / PEP RALLY / MOVIE & POPCORN INCENTIVE FOR A-B HONOR ROLL / ICE CREAM INCENTIVE @ LUNCH FOR "NO ZEROS"
Friday, Jan. 22 -- WISD "Battle of the Books" Competition @ 8:30 AM (WHS Library)
Thursday, Feb. 4 -- Academic UIL Competition (DAY 1) @ Tison Middle School (4:00 - 6:15 PM)
Friday, Feb. 5 -- Academic UIL Competition (DAY 2) @ Tison Middle School (4:00 - 6:30 PM)
BASKETBALL CONCESSION STANDS
Parents - we need your help at the Tison Basketball Games!
There are only a few basketball games left in the season, but we still need help in filling some of the remaining volunteer spots - each volunteer spot is an hour long. Please use the following links to sign up and help out!
Basketball Concession Stand Volunteer Sign-up for GIRLS Basketball Games:
Basketball Concession Stand Volunteer Sign-up for BOYS Basketball Games:
2015-2016 TISON YEARBOOKS
2015 – 2016 Tison Yearbooks are on sale now. Order before they are all gone. Last year we ran out, so don’t be left out. Yearbooks also make a GREAT Christmas gift! In addition, the price of the yearbook will increase starting January 1st. If you'd like to order online, click on the link below this message. If you don't want to order online, stop by the attendance office at Tison to pick up an order form.
Teachers, if you have a student you would like to purchase a yearbook for or want one for yourself, please come talk to Leslie Fenton for special pricing.
2016 Tison Middle School Spelling Bee
STAFF SPOTLIGHT -- 20 QUESTIONS IN 60 SECONDS
Stacey Mitchell -- Tison Theater Arts Teacher
This is Mrs. Mitchell's second year as the theater arts teacher at Tison, and she makes drama fun!
In order to know more about Stacey, she completed the "20 Questions in 60 Seconds" questionnaire. Below are her answers:
1. What three traits define you?
Joyful, Creative, Resourceful
2. What is your personal philosophy?
Life is way too short not to be kind to all, live it fully, and forgive easily.
3. What's one thing you couldn't live without?
4. What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome in your life thus far?
I had a stroke when I was only 32! I had to learn to eat, walk, read, etc. all over again!
5. What is the one thing you cannot resist?
It's a tie... pizza or dark chocolate.
6. What is your greatest fear?
7. Where is your favorite place to be?
Anywhere my family is enjoying life!
8. What is your favorite thing to do?
9. Where is the best place you've traveled to and why?
I just love to travel, so EvErYwHeRe... so far!!
10. What's the weirdest job you've ever had?
I sheared Christmas trees when I was 13... that's hard work, by the way!
11. What does true leadership mean to you?
Integrity and modeling positive behavior. Knowing how to stand for what you believe while remaining respectful to others.
12. Which one would you want most -- flying cars, robot housekeepers, or moon cities?
13. What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed in your lifetime?
14. What would you do (for a career) if you weren't doing this?
15. If you could do another job for just one day, what would it be?
A child life specialist in a children's hospital.
16. What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13?
This middle school/high school time of your life is only really a breath's worth in the grand scheme of things. Just BREATHE!
17. What are your three most overused words/phrases?
"Does that make sense?"
18. How do you define success?
Being cool with yourself and what path you've chosen!
19. What is the best book you have ever read?
20. Tell us something that might surprise us about you.
CONNECT WITH TISON ON TWITTER!
Just search for and then "follow" the following:
@tisonprincipal (Principal, Carrie Harrison)
@WeatherfordDad (Assistant Principal, Trace Craft)
@LisaEdmunds (Assistant Principal, Lisa Edmunds)
@1LBaird (Keyboarding teacher, Laura Baird)
@belledirector (Tison All Stars/WHS Blue Belles Director, Laura Buckner)
@MrsFentonTMS (7th grade Math & yearbook teacher, Leslie Fenton)
@Profe_Ferrell (Spanish teacher & NJHS co-sponsor, Kym Ferrell)
@mrsafowler (Texas History teacher, Amanda Fowler)
@coachgommert (7th grade Science teacher & coach, Colton Gommert)
@tisonlibrary (Librarian, Leah Greer)
@MharrisScience (7th grade Science teacher, Melissa Harris)
@AndreaHayward3 (8th grade Math teacher, Andrea Hayward)
@KerfootSylvia (STACI aide, Sylvia Kerfoot)
@ErinLight3 (7th grade ELA teacher & Tennis coach, Erin Light)
@SimplyDramaStac (Theater Arts teacher, Stacey Mitchell)
@wmohr8 (8th grade Math teacher, Wendy Mohr)
@mattnovikoff (Inclusion/Math Resource Teacher, Matt Novikoff)
@stpatterson11 (8th grade ELA teacher & cheerleading sponsor)
@smilesas8 (8th grade Science teacher, Sally Scott)
@ToniScience (8th grade Science teacher & NJHS co-sponsor, Toni Smith)