by: Maegan Rhoades
what is a medical dosimetrist?
A medical dosimetrist is a member of the radiation oncology team who has the knowledge of radiation oncology treatment machines and equipment, has the knowledge of procedures commonly used in brachytherapy and has the education necessary to generate radiation dose distributions.
skills needed to be a medical dosimetrist:
- understanding of radiation oncology and medical physics obtaining to computerized treatments
- is able to preform routines independent from supervision
- radiation safety knowledge
- mathematical skills such as : algebra, trigonometry, and introductory calculus
- experienced with technology
a medical dosimetrists sallary usually ranges from 81,000-112,000
level of education
usually a bachelors or masters degree with on the job training.
types of positons / places you could work
- cancer center
- therapy center