Message from Mission Control
* Speaking of tomorrow, we will have quite a few ELAR teachers out at training, so we will have quite a few subs in the building. If you have subs on your team, please help to ensure they know the schedule, and if your schedule is different tomorrow because of benchmarks, PLEASE make sure you update that in your sub plans.
* I sent out the sign up times and list for clubs. Sorry it took me so many tries for the accurate list...That's what happens when I try to just edit a past one, something gets missed. Please use the very last one that was sent out, as I believe that is the correct one.
* Don't forget to complete the STAAR online modules that Bobby emailed you about. This needs to be done by everyone who received the email. Turn in your certificates to Bobby once you have completed the trainings.
* Dr. Chadwell will be here this afternoon for a presentation at 3:00 in the library. Please make sure you have planned to stay for the meeting. It should not take too long, and we should be finished by 3:30 at the latest.
* Thank you to everyone who has been so flexible to accommodate benchmark testing this week. This is an important week where we are able to gauge our students' strengths and weaknesses in order to adjust instruction before STAAR testing.
* Don't forget to turn in the Employee of the Year nomination forms to me by Thursday. We have SO many deserving staff members, so I hope we have quite a few nominations.
* Sign up to bring something for our our ice cream sundae bar! Sunshine Committee has organized this event for Friday, February 23rd. Sign up sheet is on the door in the lounge!
* TELPAS Calibration has changed to this next Monday, February 19th. This will be in the computer lab and will be monitored. You CAN bring your notes from the training and your manuals.
* STAAR training is Monday, March 5th. The manuals won't be here before then, and this will allow EVERYONE to make sure they can attend the STAAR training. Please do not schedule dr appts or tutoring/etc. on that afternoon. Thanks so much!!
This year, we will be implementing our GE life principles during announcements, as well as having the opportunity for kids to respond using the white interactive papers in the hallway (formerly used for vocabulary).
Each life principle will be talked about during a 1 week period. You will be getting the schedule sent this week, and it will also be posted on the One Note staff portal. We will discuss on announcements, and students will have the opportunity to write (or draw) how they show this life principle. For example, the first one is self discipline. They can write on the paper how they show or can use self discipline. This will require thinking and application... so it brings in the higher levels. We will talk about the expectations of how this will be used on the announcements, so the students are familiar with what is acceptable.
Just as the vocabulary has been done in the past, the life principles will remain posted on the wall, so that the students can see them and refer back to them. The Elk of the Month will be chosen based on the life principles that have been discussed for the month. Each student chosen will not have to demonstrate ALL of the life principles, but one or more.
This week, our life principle is:
Loyalty- faithfulness to another
DATES TO REMEMBER
Tuesday, February 13th:
Dr. Chadwell Presentation in Library @ 3:00
Wednesday, February 14th:
Teachers out for reading training (Denham, Fuentes, Niven, Wengert, Clower, Schirico, Hardin)
4th Grade Field Trip
Thursday, February 15th:
Kori off campus at meeting
Friday, February 16th:
Sign up for clubs (each teacher has a designated time)
Monday, February 19th:
TELPAS Calibration- Computer Lab
Wednesday, February 21st:
Lion King performance at Bass Hall (6:00 pm)
Thursday, February 22nd:
Bobby off campus at meeting (AP meeting)
Friday, February 23rd:
Ice Cream Sundae Bar in Lounge
Clubs Today- First rotation of our new clubs
Thursday, March 1st:
Kori off campus at training
Friday, March 2nd:
Dr. Suess' Birthday
Kinder Field trip to Zoo
Monday, March 5th:
STAAR Training (ALL STAFF MUST ATTEND)
Thursday, March 8th:
Math/Science Night 6:00 pm