Miss Lindsay's January Newsletter
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
NO SCHOOL: Dec. 21-Jan. 1 (Have a great Christmas with your family!)
SPIRIT DAY/TUITION DUE: Jan. 4-5
NO SCHOOL: Jan. 18 (Martin Luther King, Jr. Day)
- VALENTINE'S PARTIES IN CLASS: Feb. 11-12 (Bring valentines to pass out)
- NO SCHOOL: Feb. 15 (President's Day)
UPCOMING FIELD TRIP: Dillow's ATA Taekwondo!
NO PRESCHOOL Tues. and Wed. Jan. 26-27 for field trip
- WHERE: Dillow's ATA Taekwondo (231 N Kay Ave, Kuna)
Bring your family and meet us inside the studio for a fun field trip guaranteed to get your child’s energy out! As we want to make sure everyone stays safe, only Sunshine students or children ages 3+ will be allowed on the mats.
- WHEN: Look below for your class's time:
TUESDAY, January 26
· Lindsay’s Preschool Classes: 10 a.m.
· Lindsay’s Pre-K Classes: 11 a.m.
· Karen’s AM/PM Classes: 12 p.m.
WEDNESDAY, January 27
· Sara’s Class: 10 a.m.
· Diana’s AM/PM Classes: 11 a.m.
· Hilary’s PM Classes: 12 p.m.
I am excited to be back at school! I missed you!
Hope your Holidays were great!! I had a nice relaxing break and got to spend lots of time with my family and staying home!! Hope all of us return back to our school days enthusiastic, healthy, and well rested!!!
This month: We will continue our snow and winter theme throughout this month. We will be going deeper into snow and ice concepts, along with igloos and ice caves units! We will be learning about types of arctic animals, the North and South Pole, Alaska and Antarctica! We will be spending an extra focus on my favorite animal: The Penguin!!!! Fun Facts we will be learning about penguins are:
- They are birds that swim by flying in water, not flying in the sky!
- Penguins are from the South pole region and polar bears are from the North pole region!
- Penguins sing to communicate to other penguins!
- Each family of penguins of their own song that differ from other penguins families!
Your children will be learning lots of great information on this matter and will have lots of opportunities to share all they have learned with you!
Other important skills we will be working on are:
- Improving our name writing and letter recognition skills
- Scissors skill
- Pre-reading skills
- Counting and number recognition skills
- And the most important the social skills and self-help skills while using good manners and improving good friendship skills!
December Recap: The whole month we focused on Christmas themed activities!! The children enjoyed working on your Christmas Gifts. I hope you all enjoyed the Grinch hands mats and the snowman finger prints! We learned a lot about the meaning of Christmas by giving to others and helping others than just receiving for yourself, not all about just presents! Our class favorite book was Pete the Cat Saves Christmas. We loved singing all the classic Christmas songs, with Jingle Bells being our favorite one. We practiced our name writing by decorating and writing our names on Christmas cards for our families! We loved making Christmas themed shapes and pies and cookies with our play-dough!
The Letters of the month were :
- S for Santa and Snow
- C for Christmas
- T for Tree
Things to work on at home: Continuing to read to your child every night. With a well known story, have your children:
- Read to you or try to retell the story.
- Point out familiar words or letters in the book for your child to recognize.
- Discuss the pictures and have your child try to predict what is going to happen next by looking at the pictures.
- Act out favorite scenes or parts of the story by their own interpretation.