Harmony News - Important Update
Thanks for participating in our two curbside pickups for student materials today and last week. We feel good about the higher than 90% pickup rate and will reach out to those still needing supplies.
Wednesday, September 2, at 1 PM, is a BIG DAY for us all. At 1 PM, we will post teacher links on our website AND grade level deans will be emailing all parents in every grade with links to each teacher’s Schoology webpage. These teacher pages include many items, first and foremost, their Back to School Night video and contact information.
Our goal is for you each to (virtually) walk through your child’s schedule, learn about each teacher through their videos, and do a virtual walkthrough of all other teacher information. You can then follow up using their contact information, if necessary.
More information is below.
Virtual Back to School Night (BTSN)
To participate in the virtual BTSN, you will need to know your child's schedule and teachers. You can access this information in ParentVUE and then find each teacher's personalized link for their virtual BTSN (from the dean email at 1 PM).
The virtual BTSN will provide you an opportunity to connect with the teachers. As mentioned above, teachers will provide basic information such as a bio, class schedule, BTSN video, and contact information.
It would help to do this with your children so you can make sure they are prepared for the start of school.
Additionally, we plan to send a follow up to the LCPS video about Schoology, specific to Harmony, by Thursday, September 3, so your child can practice their actual first day of school.
This will include information about where they will begin their day on September 8 and how to find links to their classes (In Schoology, homeroom is the same thing as advisory).
More about this will be sent September 3 or early September 4.
Trouble Logging In?
- Log into ParentVUE (For your initial setup, please use a computer rather than the mobile app on your cell-phone).
- Complete the Online Verification Process as part of the LCPS’ Virtual First Day Packet. This process includes information on the LCPS school calendar, COVID mitigation, Student Rights and Responsibilities, free/reduced lunch application, insurance, and much more.
- Once you complete the Online Verification Process, you may view your child's 2020-2021 schedule.
- View your child's schedule and link to teacher pages.
- for additional help, complete the LCPS Schoology Introductory Course for Parents/Guardians.
PTA Spirit Nights Coming Soon
More information in future newsletters but for now, mark your calendars:
Gruto’s - September 11th (all day)
Chick fil A - October 20th (5-8 PM drive through only)
Papa John’s - November 10th (both Purcellville and Brunswick locations all day promo code HARMONY)
Chipotle - December 12th (4-8 PM)