Friday News Roundup
Mrs. Morey's Second Grade Classroom
Week of 5/13/16
Dates & Reminders
- 5/16 Star Student - Anton
- 5/16 Friday Folders go home
- 5/17 - 5/20 CTP Testing - 9:00 a.m. Tuesday & Thursday/10:00 a.m. Wednesday & Friday
- 5/17 Free Dress Day - Eagle Buck Winner for the month of April
- 5/20 Spirit Day - Twinning
- 5/27 Spirit Day - Red, White & Blue
- 5/30 Memorial Day - no school
- 5/31 Star Student - Hajar
- 6/3 Farmer's Market 12:00 - 2:00
- 6/6 Star Student - Aanand
- 6/10 Spirit Day - Team Sports
What did we learn this week?
Math: Students worked on iReady testing and reasoning.
Social Studies: Students created a job advertisement for the radio station and applied for various jobs at the station.
Science: Students learned more about mealworms and the life cycle.
Literacy: Students finished their poetry books and began a unit on Fairytales, Fables, and Folktales.
Writing: Students began writing about what they would like to do over the summer.
Math: Students will have math rotations and number talks.
Social Studies: Students will focus on the jobs at the radio station.
Science: Students will focus on the life cycle of a brassica seed.
Literacy: Students will read and analyze various fairytales.
Writing: Students will publish what they would like to do over the summer.