CONSERVING HOUSEHOLD WATER!!!
SAVING WATER AT HOME
WHY IT'S SO IMPORTANT TO BE WATER FRIENDLY
WATER IS A GIFT SO DON'T WASTE IT, TURN IT OFF WHEN YOU'RE DONE WE WILL HAVE ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE
There are so many ways of saving water at home!!
Nearly 70% of the earth is water and only 2.5 is freshwater!! At home we can save household water in so many ways, for example:
- Brushing teeth: Turn off the tap when you're not using the water.
- Shower: When taking a shower, its really not necessary to take 25-30 minutes. A 5-minute shower can help a lot!! and also when not using the water in the shower turn off the tap.
- Cleaning: When doing laundry make sure its a full load take as much advantage of the water you're going to use, also the same thing for a dishwasher when its not that necessary you can hand wash your dishes and turn off the water when scrubbing dishes.
- Fixing A Leaky Faucet: Maybe it doesn't seem a lot but every drop of water count when having a leaky faucet a "few" drops may add up to gallons of water.
- Don’t let the faucet run while you clean vegetables:
Just rinse them in a stopper sink or a pan of clean water. Use a dual-setting aerator.
- Keep a bottle of drinking water in the fridge: Running tap water to cool it off for drinking water is wasteful.
- REMEMBER TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE WATER YOU ARE GOING TO USE!!
Benefits of being water friendly at home!!
The benefit of saving water at home saves you and the earth as well. Here are some examples of saving water:
- It saves you money: By saving water at home it helps you save money on your water bill. You can save by just being water friendly
- It minimizes water pollution and health risks: With healthy clean, freshwater we minimize the chance of dying from water related disease. Saving water can reduce the risk of environmental contamination or pollution.
The harm us humnas can cause if not thinking before using water!!
By saving today's water, it can save you later...
Us humans can not survive mainly without water, food, or blood, water is the lifeblood of the planet earth and its all disappearing and becoming contaminated/wasted, that's all we would have left contaminated water that can get us very sick. We are taking our water for granted, it's our job to take care of the earth's blood before its too late. Its not hard to think before we use water, if we each save a little it can add up to major savings in water, energy and money. Did you know that more than 840,000 people die each year of water related diseases... That's scary if we don't start saving our water now that number may increase more and more and we all equally could be extinct. We don't realize what we have until it's gone, water conservation should not be considered an option any longer.
Averge water used at home
Water is life
We need water to survive. Saving water is in our hands, its up to us to save it before its too late.
Slow the flow, so there can be enough for everyone
Even by saving a little bit of water it can help so much in many ways.
Averge water used at home
- Showers and baths is nearly 35%
- Toilet Flushing 30%
- Laundry 20%
- Kitchen And Drinking 10%
- Cleaning 5%