The Patriot Press
Liberty Park Elementary School Newsletter
Friday, May 21st
Dear Liberty Park Families,
It's hard to believe that we are down to the final days of the 2020/2021 school year! Students and teachers are still working hard wrapping up our year. As this school year comes to an end, I want to say thank you to the students, staff and community for your flexibility, understanding and support of all that occurred during the 2020-2021 school year. Below are a few reminders as we wrap up this school year.
- Starting the week of June 1st, summer food distribution for all kids 18 and under will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:00 - 6:00 PM at Brookview, Pleasant Run, Renaissance, Creston, Raymond Park, Warren Central High School, and Moorhead Community Resource Center. Tuesday distribution will include 2 breakfast and 2 lunch meals. Thursdays will include 5 breakfast and 5 lunch meals. Please see the flyer below in this newsletter for additional information.
- Additionally, Moorhead Community Resource Center will remain open through the summer. If you have needs beyond what is being offered, you can call our outreach hotline at 317-608-0545 or email at MSDWarrenOutreach@warren.k12.in.us with your request. Also, MCRC will be one of our summer sites for tech support Monday - Friday from 7:30 - 1:00. If you have a tech or device need, you can also submit a help ticket through IncidentIQ support system by clicking on Technology under the Explore Tab and then select Parent Tech Info.
- Earlier this school year families had an opportunity to provide feedback through a survey regarding our current uniformly dressed policy. As we head into summer, I want to let parents know that there will be some changes to our school dress code for 21-22 school year that will allow for additional flexibility in student dress. One change is that students will be allowed to wear jeans and non collared shirts. Additional details will be shared with families soon.
- As a reminder, next Thursday, 5/27, and Friday, 5/28 are early release days for all students. Elementary students will be released at 2:05 pm on both days. Please plan accordingly for bus drop-offs and for car rider pick-ups.
As always, I thank you for your continued support of Liberty Park Elementary! Take care, be safe, and have a great weekend!
Click here to access Warren Township's S.A.F.E. Reopening Plan for the 2020-2021 school year.
Last Week's Winners!
Kindergarten - Donovan Hampton
1st - Logan Ornelas
2nd - Anahly Martinez
3rd - Ashley Contreras
4th - Valerie Tarigan
Soaring Eagle Badge Winners!
This Week's Winners!
Kindergarten - Joceline Roman
1st - Josh Johnson
2nd - Montserrat Gomez
3rd - Isabella Wilson
4th - Caleb Clark
2021 At-Home Summer Learning Parent/Caregiver Guide
20-21 School Yearbooks AVAILABLE
Fully Virtual Student Textbook/Material Collection
Did you know that families can already register/enroll for next school year?
New and Returning Students for 2021-22
- NEW Students: We are Enrolling new Students for 2021-22.
- RETURNING Students: If your child currently attends a Warren Township school, you do not need to complete online enrollment. Current students who live within Warren Township boundary will be registered automatically for the next school year. For more information, click here.
2021-2022 K-8 Virtual / 9-12 Online Learning Program
To learn more about our 2021-2022 K-8 Virtual / 9-12 Online Learning Program and how to apply, click here.
Notes from Nurse Kelly
MEDICATION REMINDER: On the last day of school, all medications must be picked up by an adult. Any medication left behind will be destroyed. This includes all prescriptions and over-the-counter medications and inhalers.
MOBILE DENTIST is visiting our school - Forms came home with students this last week. They are also available to download by clicking below.
MSD Warren Township Transportation Hiring Fair
Click here for more information on the MSD Warren Township Transportation Hiring Fair
PTA Needs your help!
Our wonderful PTA is looking for additional board members and parent volunteers for the 2021-2022 school year. Please contact our PTA President Shelly Hall - firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping to support next school year!
Liberty Park and Warren Township is hiring!
Click this link for additional information: https://www.warren.k12.in.us/o/msd-of-warren-township/page/employment-information--14
Click here to learn how to become a substitute: https://www.warren.k12.in.us/o/msd-of-warren-township/page/guest-teacher-program
Daily Screening Reminders:
Thank you for taking time each morning to screen your child before coming to school each day. Please continue to do so. Below are symptoms impacting consideration for exclusion from school:
● A fever of 100.0° F or greater
● Muscle or body aches
● Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
● Sore throat
● New loss of taste or smell
● Nausea or vomiting
Students and employees should be excluded from school if they test positive for COVID-19 or exhibit two or more of the symptoms of COVID-19 that are not otherwise explained based on ISDH / MCPHD guidance. If in doubt, please don't hesitate to call school at 317-532-3900 for some guidance. We appreciate your support in doing this important screening step each day before sending students to school.
Mrs. Tapper, our school counselor, is available to support all of our Liberty Park students. A student may be referred to the school counselor by a parent/guardian, staff member or the student may refer themselves. Services provided by the school counselor through this referral process include individual and group counseling as well as informal check ins. Confidentiality is maintained at all times when meeting with the school counselor unless the child gives permission to share information or if the child says they are planning to hurt themselves, someone else or that someone has hurt them. It is the objective that all students will build healthy relationships and be successful at school. This occurs when students, families and the school are working together.
If you are interested in counseling services for your child, please click here for the link to complete the referral form for Mrs. Tapper. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.
If you would like to have a meeting with our school Counselor Ms. Tapper, please click on the above link to schedule an appointment!
School Dismissal Manager
- Don't forget to check the School Dismissal Manager to ensure that your student(s) have the correct default dismissal setup for next week. If you need any assistance, please contact our front office at 317-532-1850. As a reminder, no changes to default dismissals are allowed after 2:00pm.
- You can login to adjust your child's dismissal options via your computer or the SDM smartphone app. Search "School Dismissal Manager" in your app store.
- Did you know that you can use SDM to report your child absent from school? Please mark your child as absent by 9am using the SDM app.
Summer Servings Food Information
Moorhead Community Resource Center
The Moorhead Community Resource Center is our District-led, community-based, family-focused, and culturally affirming facility that provides programs and services based on the needs of Warren Township students and families.
- Support for Homeless Students and Families
- Housing and Utility Support
- Foster Care Support
- Food & Clothing Pantry Services through Sonny Day
- Nutritional Education
- Mental Health Counseling for Individuals and Families
- Registration Assistance for Health Insurance
- Substance Abuse Education and Support Groups
- Healthy Relationships Education
- Latino Support Services
- Mentoring Services
- Employment Services
- Tutoring Services
Visit the MCRC webpage for more information!: https://www.warren.k12.in.us/o/msd-of-warren-township/page/moorhead-community-resource-center--2
Warren Food Distribution Update
VIRTUAL Student Food Distribution
K-4 - 100% VIRTUAL families can pick up food on Tuesdays from either 8:00 - 9:30 a.m. or 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. at Moorhead Community Resource Center 8400 East 10th Street.
5-12 - 100% VIRTUAL families can pick up food on Tuesday from 8:00-9:30 a.m. or 4:00- 6:00 p.m. at Moorhead Community Resource Center located at 8400 East 10th Street. All hybrid in-person students will have the opportunity to pick up meals while in-person to take home for the following school day. Please encourage your child to take advantage of this opportunity!
Parent VUE Portal
Synergy has a ParentVUE portal that parents can use to monitor students grades, attendance and discipline. Parents can view their students "Warren Password" on the ParentVUE Student Info tab. Parents can click on Student Info and then scroll to the bottom of the page. They will see their students' passwords right below the bus information.
Need help creating your account?: Click here for assistance
Student iPad Safety & Repairs
We are excited to provide students with technology to enhance their learning experiences in the MSD of Warren Township. Each student K-4 is assigned an iPad for virtual and in-person classroom use. Students are responsible for the proper care and use of their device. Each device is covered by a district-sponsored insurance program for damage. This keeps charges for both intentional and accidental damages low. Both purposeful and accidental damage will be charged at a reduced rate.
Repair ~Family Charge
More than 3-The actual cost of repair or $50
How does the district ensure student safety with the use of student devices?
Warren Township employs a variety of methods to manage student devices including Internet filtering, and application restrictions. Internet Filtering software collects information about the sites that students access. Whether a use is off task or appropriate depends on the time of day, the student’s schedule, and the teacher’s instructions. If a student attempts to access an inappropriate site, a notification is generated and the filtering software blocks the viewing of that site. Students are also taught about appropriate use and care for their devices by their classroom teachers. Specific age-appropriate lessons have been created for use with all students.
If you haven’t already done so, please consider following Liberty Park:
School Webpage: https://libertypark.warren.k12.in.us/
Warren Township App: The Warren app can be downloaded at the Apple and Android App Store.
Student Success Handbook
Liberty Park Elementary
8425 E. Raymond Street
Indianapolis, IN 46239
Jason Brooks - Principal
Kathy Hench - Dean
Brooke Tapper - Counselor
317-532-1850 ext. 1892
Beverly Stephens –Secretary/Registrar
Donata Lux – Secretary/Treasurer
Kelly Woods – Nurse
SCHOOL DISTRICT PUBLICATIONS/NEWS MEDIA USE
The occasion may arise when the school district wants to recognize your child or your child's school. This may include your child's photo, your child's name or your child's work in district publications, newsletters, on school district websites, and in electronic/social media or in staff training videos. We may also want to tell the media (including newspapers, television, and radio) about your child's achievements. We never knowingly release information about a student to anyone who wants to use it for commercial/political purposes. However, we will honor your request to not include your child in these types of recognitions if you notify your child's school office in writing that you do not want this type of information released.