The Phoenix Post
Aspire K-12 Updates | Week Ending November 4th, 2022
In this Edition...
- This week @ the Innovation Center... 🏢
- Amazon Wishlist 💖
- Principal's Corner🍎
- Upcoming Events🤩
- Important Dates📅
- K-12 Reminders ✔️
- Student Progress
- School Pictures
- MyHours Attendance
- Device & Material Pick-Up
- K-6 Updates📘
- 7th & 8th Grade Updates 😎
- 9th-12th Grade News🖥️
- Aspire PLC 🤝
- What's Poppin' with PTSA🍿
- Aspire on F.I.R.E. 🔥
This week @ the Innovation Center... 🏢
Trunk or Treat!
Our Trunk or Treat was a huge success - thank you for those who attended! Even our School Superintendent, Dr. Finch, stopped by to pass out some candy and join in on the festivities!
Aspire Amazon Wishlist! 💖
Celebrate Native American Heritage
November is Native American Heritage month!
Born in 1865 on the Omaha reservation in northeastern Nebraska, Susan La Flesche Picotte is the first Native American woman to receive a medical degree. She graduated valedictorian at the age of 24. Dr. Susan opened the first non-government funded reservation hospital in Walthill, Nebraska where she was the only doctor in a 1,350 square mile reservation.
Principal's Corner 🍎
Greetings Aspire Families,
We want to thank all of our families who came out for Trunk or Treat! It was great seeing students of all grades, their families, and Aspire staff all having a great time together.
Save the date for our next family event on December 2nd: Jingle Mingle. It will be from 5:00-7:00pm at the Innovation Center and is for all of our K-12 full time students.
Consider contributing your Tax Credit Donation for schools to Aspire. Money will be used to grow and support our after school clubs. See the flyer below for details.
Want to purchase a holiday gift for your student and support Aspire? Purchase books from our virtual Scholastic Book Fair! Books can be ordered online and shipped directly to your home.
Please check you students Canvas courses for any upcoming examinations or district interims.
As always, if you questions or concerns, please contact your administrator, Juliet Amara 7-12 and Laura Victor K-6 @ Aspire@dvusd.org .
Aspire Upcoming Events 🤩
Student Success Event!
Our special guest, Mark Breyer from the Husband and Wife Law team, will be at the Innovation Center and will deliver a short speech on overcoming obstacles and the power of positive communication! A light dinner will be served! Don't miss it!!
**This event has been updated to start at 5PM. A light dinner will be serve at 5pm, with our guest speaker beginning at 5:30pm**
Be sure to RSVP by inputting your Student's Name & School Email Address below!
Wed, Nov 16, 2022, 05:00 PM
20402 North 15th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Scholastic Virtual Book Fair 📚
- November 1-14
- Online Shopping: Book Fair Link
- Books shipped directly to your house
- Books for grades K-12
- Aspire earns 25% of all proceeds in books which will be used to create a small library at the Innovation Center
Jingle Mingle 🔔
In-Person Student Learning Opportunities 📚
Aspire T-Shirts For Sale 👕
November 1-14: Scholastic Virtual Book Fair
November 8th: Choir begins for 4th-8th grade | 3:30-4:00PM
November 9th: Future Freshman Night | 5-6:30PM
November 11th: Veterans Day *No School*
November 16th: 7-12 Student Success Event - 5PM @ the Innovation Center!
November 21st-25th: Thanksgiving Recess *No School*
*Students in grades K-8 who are unable to demonstrate success (as determined by assessments and/or submitted coursework) are required to attend the synchronous instruction. This is a great way to support student academic growth. *
Device & Q2 Materials Pick-Up
Device Pick-Up Hours:
Monday - Friday from 8 AM to 4 PM
If you have any questions or need to make other arrangements for picking up devices/materials, please contact us at Aspire@dvusd.org. We are here to help!
Dr. Victor's Dreambox DoorDash! 🥪
Want lunch delivered to your home by Dr. Victor?! All you have to do is play DreamBox!
This is for any K-8 fulltime Aspire Student!
How it works:
- Students will get their name entered into a drawing for every 5 DreamBox lessons that they complete each week up to 2 entries (for 10+ lessons)
- Students will get their name entered into a drawing for completing 40 minutes of Amplify (K-5)/NoRedInk (6-8)
- Drawings will be held once at the end of the month.
- The student whose name is drawn will get to pick what they would like Dr. Victor to bring them for lunch. This will be coordinated with their parent/guardian.
We can't wait to celebrate students and their hard work!
Reach out to your classroom teacher if you have questions!
Birthday Shout-outs! 🎂 📢
Aspire is excited to offer different clubs to promote student social interaction and interests!
- Choir Club starts November 8th and will be held for all 4th-8th grade students. Please email Mr. Stanford or send a Canvas message with your students full name and grade if your student if interested! email@example.com
- Science Club from 1:15-2:00pm on Mondays for K-3 grade students with Mrs. Link and Mrs. Bushbaum
- Book Club from 1:30-2:00pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 4-6 grades with Mrs. Gottlieb (In person or Virtual)
See the flyers below for additional in-person and virtual club opportunities!
Book Club - 4th-6th Grade!
7th & 8th Grade Updates😎
Thank you to 7th and 8th graders who attended the recent in-person assessments!
Upcoming IN-PERSON Math Assessments:
Students in 7th and 8th grade will need to complete the Math District Interim Assessment at the Innovation Center.
- Date: November 8th OR 10th
- Location: In-person at the Innovation Center - students need to arrive by 1:45PM.
- Testing will be from 2pm-3:30pm. The test should talk about an hour to complete.
- Click here for additional details!
Future Freshman Night
9th-12th Grade News 🖥️
Attention Seniors! 🎓
Graduation is right around the corner! It is time to prepare for your big day by purchasing your cap, gown, and memorabilia as the Class of '23!
Act now to take advantage of limited time offers!!
Learning Lab 🖥️
Visit the Learning Lab for in-person support with 9-12 Aspire teachers!
- Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday
- Time: 2 PM-6 PM
- Location: Innovation Center
The Learning Lab will always be staffed by at least two full-time online teachers. To schedule a time to meet with a specific teacher for support, please reach out to them in Canvas!
Click here to view the calendar with Learning Lab availability for the semester!
Upcoming Events that will impact the Learning Lab:
November 9th - Future Freshman Night - Learning Lab will CLOSE at 4pm
November 16th - Student Success Event - Learning Lab will CLOSE at 5pm
In-Person District Assessments 📝
For 22-23 School Year, some district assessments are required to be completed in-person by Aspire students. Click here for more information regarding District Assessments.
Upcoming Required In-Person Assessments:
- US History 1 | Fall DBQ - Nov. 8th or 10th
- Algebra 1 & 1H, Algebra 3 & 3H, Geo 1 & 1H: Math Interim - Nov 14th or 16th
- Anatomy 1 | Test 2 - Dec. 6th or 8th
- Forensics 1: Unit 3 Test - Dec. 6th or 8th
- Biology 1: Homeostasis - Dec 5th or 9th
- Spanish Assessment - December 7th - 12PM-5PM
If your child is enrolled in one of the above courses,
communication regarding these assessments has been sent out.
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aspire PLC 🤝
Aspire wants to keep our families and community updated with the hard work that teachers are doing in their PLC groups on Early Release Friday's!
This week K-12 teachers gathered to participate in Professional Development regarding...