College of Physicians of Philadelphia
Calling all aspiring doctors, nurses, engineers, & scientist! This is the perfect outing for you!
The Mütter Museum has a unique collection of specimens and objects that reflect the human history of anatomy and medicine.
The Mütter Museum
Friday, Feb. 20th, 10:15am
19 S 22nd St
10:15am-10:30am-Sign in and money collection
10:30am-11:30am- Guided tour of the museum
11:30am-12:30pm-Bone Detective lesson
Cost is $8.00 per student and $10.00 per adult. Please RSVP by Feb. 13th
Please RSVP to Louri Fitzgerald at firstname.lastname@example.org or Danielle Gregory at email@example.com
- Please RSVP from your parent school email account
- Please include student's name, teacher, grade
- Please include Parent/chaperon attending
- Please let us know if you are a new family so we may welcome you
- Please include names of all family/friends attending-please let us know if they are children or adults
- Any serious allergies or medical conditions that I should be reminded about?
PURPOSE OF THE OUTING: EDUCATIONAL
STUDENTS MAY CLAIM 90 MINUTES OF SCIENCE AND 30 MINUTES OF HISTORY ON THE OLS!
- Students will explore the museum and view collections.
- Students will participate in a hands-on interactive lesson.
- During the Bones Detective lesson students will learn: What happens when a skeleton is discovered? How do scientists use bones to solve crimes? Students learn about the role of forensic anthropology in criminal investigation, and they find out what can be learned from examining skeletal remains.
PA Standards met: Science and Technology: 3.2.10B, 3.2.7C, 3.2.10C, 3.2.12C
Rules of the Museum!
- NO photography of any kind is allowed in the museum.
- NO larger bags, tote bags, book bags, backpacks or shopping bags are permitted in the museum: do not bring them.
- NO foods or drinks are allowed in the museum.
- NO Smoking in our building or on or around our property.
- Strollers are not permitted in the museum, but may be stored in our coatroom during your visit.
- Cell phones must be turned to silent or vibrate mode.