2020-21 School Year #26 - March 8, 2021
Don't Delay, Sign Up Today!
Everyone is a Part of the Beginning Teacher Community 'Feedback, Assessment & Grading'
This workshop series invites all teachers to engage with other teachers in strengthening new and modified instructional practices to support remote, hybrid, and face-to-face teaching at any grade level. 4/14/21 FREE Monthly Virtual Series. Learn More and Register
Tell Your Parents
- During March, the Michigan Learning Channel has programming on Saturdays for families to encourage reading: Reading Rockets at 7 p.m. and The Great American Read at 8 p.m.
- Help spread the word: Public Health - Muskegon County and Mask Up Muskegon wants to prioritize everyone age 75+ to receive a COVID-19 vaccine by the end of March
- Virtual Trauma Informed Training geared toward Parents & Caregivers 3/18/21 or 3/25/21
- Facethebook 2021 TikTok Contest for middle and high school students, submit video entries by 4/13/21
- Do the Write Thing Challenge national essay contest asks middle school students for input on reducing youth violence - student essays due 3/26/21
- Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency (MVAA) offers FREE presentations to K-12 schools about the lives and service of Michigan’s 550,000 veterans
- Virtual Gifted and Talented Conference 'Let the Gifted Soar - Authentic Learning for Gifted Students' 4/22/21, $40
Get Your Learning On!
- IEP Bootcamp: Data Informed IEPs, 3/23/21 AND 3/24/21, FREE, 6 SCECHs available
- Google Publisher/Slides - Google Apps Quick Start series 3/29/21 FREE 1.5 SCECHs
- 'Kids These Days' Virtual Book Study -Spring 2021 4-day series begins 4/13/21; FREE, 3 SCECHs available
- Module 2 - MAISD Verbal De-escalation Self-Awareness Training (Video Module); FREE, 1.0 SCECH
- Module 3 - MAISD Verbal De-escalation Active Listening Training (Video Module); FREE, 1.0 SCECH
- Literacy Essentials Series: K-3 Foundational Skills - Science/Social Studies Connections 4/20/21; FREE, SCECHs
- CPI & TCI Community of Practice 2020-21 Meeting 4/22/21; FREE
- School Social Work Community of Practice 2020-21 Meeting, 4/22/21; FREE
Don't Miss This!
Holocaust Remembrance Event
This FREE, virtual event features the harrowing experiences of Irene Miller, author and Holocaust survivor, who will recount her journey of survival from Poland to the Soviet Union during the Nazi invasion. See details and register
Important Clip to Share with Friends
All About Zoo Pool
Zoo Pool is an innovative "cartoonversation starter" book series for 4th-grade students. It allows educators to connect with kids through stories and discussions about diversity, equity, and inclusion. The author hopes this work will help "rescue childhood" for those children dealing with adverse childhood experiences (ACEs). Watch the video to learn how to get free copies for your 4th graders!
There's an App for That!
Stay in touch with us! Use the MAVIN Health Checker, see the latest professional development, view countywide school news, and access staff directory information. Receive messages instantly from the MAISD concerning events, school closings, and other time-sensitive information.