Jason Mraz is an American singer-songwriter. Wordplay was released as the first single from his 2005 album Mr. A-Z. Wordplay was the most successful single from Mr. A-Z.
Meaning Of Song Revealed By Lyrics:
"For the record label puts me on the shelf up in the freezer
Got to find another way to live the life of leisure" - the music industry isn't interested in him if he's not gaining radio play, he has to do something this if he wants to continue his "life of leisure"
"For the people write me off like I'm a one-hit wonder
Gotta find another way to keep from goin' under" - Jason isn't going to let people label him as just a one-hit wonder, (similar to the the other line) he has to keep up with the music business and stay on top of his career
Literal Or Figurative Lyrics?
- "'Cause they need a new song
Like a new religion
Music for the television
I can't do the long division
Someone do the math..."
- "When it's time to get ill I got your remedy
For those who don't remember me
Well let me introduce you to my style..."
- "I built a bridge across the stream of consciousness,
It always seems to be a flowin'..."
- "Are you prepared to take a dive into the deep end of my head...?"
- "For the record label puts me on the shelf up in the freezer..."