LEHS Band Newsletter
Summer Edition 2020
Please know that the LEHS Band will always take every available precaution to ensure the safety and health of our band students. Please see the list below of precautions that we will be discussing with our students at the various camps.
Summer Band Camp (COVID-19)
Please know that we will take any precautions necessary to ensure the safety of our band students at LEHS. Below are some of the things we will be doing and discussing with our students:
1. No students should attend any rehearsal if they are running a fever.
2. Social distancing guidelines will be strongly encouraged. This will be important during the "down times" at rehearsals. Social distancing can easily be enforced outdoors and in the indoor rehearsal spaces. For example, we will not be having any full band rehearsals in the band hall. Those will only occur outdoors and in the auditorium, where students can be spaced adequately apart from each other.
3. Masks may be worn to all Guard / Percussion rehearsals.
4. Students should bring a water bottle daily, but will be encouraged to NOT share with anyone.
5. Students will be encouraged to use their equipment only and NOT share with anyone else. This includes guard / percussion equipment, as well as band instruments.
6. Students will be assigned individual lockers during camp. No lockers will be shared.
7. Band doors and gym doors will be propped open when appropriate.
8. Brass players will be required to bring a small hand towel for emptying their water key. We will also make lined trash cans available in all rehearsal spaces.
* The Band Staff is continuing to discuss other precautions that might be taken, in accordance with district and UIL guidelines.
Congratulations to our 2020 Lobo Band SLT
Update Regarding Spring Trip Refunds
When I spoke to John Mize from Troubadour Travels on 6/7/20, he stated that the company will be sending out refunds for the LEHS Band this coming week. He also stated that over 80% of his company's clients for the Spring and Summer were also receiving 100% refunds and it has taken some time to get to every school. If the refund check is received this coming week by our band boosters, our LEBB Treasurer will begin issuing refund checks ASAP. I will also ask that those refunds begin with all graduated seniors first.
Please look for updates regarding this REFUND in the following week or two.
LEHS Winterguard Ranked 3rd in WGI at Season's End
Information regarding Band/Guard Registration...Coming Soon!
Little Elm Band Booster (LEBB Positions)
This year, we are looking for the following executive board positions:
PRESIDENT / CONCESSIONS / SCHOLARSHIPS / WEBMASTER / BAND TRIP / SECRETARY
* If interested, please send a short email stating that interest to our current LEBB President, Mr. Mac Sandoval at email@example.com.
All parents need to complete a volunteer form for the new school year. This allows you to chaperone or volunteer any band event within the school year.
Please UPDATE Charms Accounts
Go to charmsoffice.com
Enter as the login: LittleElmHSB
Password: Six-digit Student ID# (unless you have set-up another password)
*Please be sure to SAVE all new information in Charms.
Band Hall Phones
Frank Felice (ext. 25108)
Maxwell Atkinson (ext. 25110)
Matt Neal (ext. 25109)
Kristen Zotti (ext. 25109)