Certifications Necessary to Practice
- The Maintenance of Certification for Family Physicians (MC-FP) process
- Specializes in Family medicine.
- Deals with patients with various conditions and backgrounds.
- Screens patient and determines diagnosis and planning.
- Eventually develops relationship with the doctor as the "family doctor."
- Coordinates with other medical professionals.
- Diagnose illness
- Treat patient as a whole (emotionally and physically.
- Coordinate with other doctors.
- Working to build long term relationships with patients.
- 8 Years College
- 4 Years Pre-Medicine
- 4 Years Medical School
- Median Salary: $186,573
- Range: $164,339 - $214,123
What skills are necessary to be successful in this profession?
- Communication Skills
- Ability to Diagnose
Practice Settings: Where would you work?
- Clinical Environment
- Doctor/Patient Atmosphere
Family and General Practitioners Job Description