CAR RIDER LINE
RESPONSIBLE, PATIENT DRIVERS = SAFE STUDENTS
This Year's Car Line - Mornings and Afternoons
*Here are our daily transportation averages for our 605 students :
- Morning Bus Riders: 134
- Morning Car Riders: 471
- Afternoon Bus Riders: 199
- Afternoon Car Rider: 406
We will continue to try and make our car line go as quickly as possible, with our first priority being student safety. However, as you can see from the high volume of car riders this year, the car line may be somewhat longer than in years past.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we unload and load over 400 car riders each day. Please know any policies or procedures put in place here at Spearman are for the purpose of doing what is in the best interest of children and their safety.
*IF YOU WOULD LIKE FOR YOUR CHILD TO START RIDING THE SCHOOL BUS TO or FROM SCHOOL (or both), PLEASE CONTACT THE FRONT OFFICE @ 864-947-9787
Morning Procedures for Car Riders
As mentioned above, we have around 470 car riders each morning. Students can be dropped off at 7:20 am. The early car riders go to the gym where they get to read, play their ipad and are supervised by teachers. Each homeroom teacher picks their class up from the gym at 7:45 am. So feel free to drop your child off early.
*Please know, if most of the 470 cars decide to arrive at school between 7:45-8:00 am, the car line will inevitably get backed up, leading to late arrivals.
*The more cars that arrive early and the more spread out the car riders are, the less backed up the car line will become.
HELPFUL HINTS TO HELP YOUR MORNINGS AND AFTERNOONS MOVE AS QUICKLY AND SAFELY AS POSSIBLE:
1. Give yourself plenty of time each morning and afternoon
2. Carpool if possible. This can cut down on the amount of cars greatly.
3. Have your child prepared to exit the car (book bag ready, lunch money, papers signed, etc).
4. Have your car seats and booster seats on the right side of the car.
5. Please inform anyone who may be picking up your child of the car line procedures (grandparents, neighbors, etc.)
6. Teach your child to buckle themselves. If you need to assist them, please pull forward past spot number 1 to buckle them. This keeps the car line moving.
7. Stay off of your cell phone as you're unloading or loading your child.
MORNINGS HAVE MANY VARIABLES THAT AFFECT YOUR COMMUTE, SO GIVE YOURSELF PLENTY OF TIME EACH MORNING TO ALLOW FOR THESE REQUIRED MORNING PROCEDURES.
I truly appreciate your support, understanding and patience.