for the Week of February 1st
Important Reminders for the Week of February 1st
1-19 Feb 2016--Coupon Book Fundraiser
1 Feb 2016--Instructional Coaches will be conducting walkthrough observations
1 Feb 2016--Drama Auditions after school in Ms. Pappas' room
2 Feb 2016--Club Pictures in Girls' Gym
2 Feb 2016--Faculty Meetings in Conference Room
2 Feb 2016--Timecard Approval by 3 PM
3-4 Feb 2016--YWCA Presentations: Healthy Relationships with 8th Grade
3 Feb 2016--Wedding Shower in Library for Rasco after school
4 Feb 2016--MEDC in Conference Room
4 Feb 2016--2nd Advisement Lesson
4 Feb 2016--EX ED Departmental Meeting in Barron's Room (3:15 PM)
4 Feb 2016--Band Parent Meeting in Band room (6 PM)
5 Feb 2016--Last day to turn in PTA shirt order forms
5 Feb 2016--Grades Updated by 3 PM
6 Feb 2016--Miss HMS Pageant at HHS (2 PM)
Message from the Principal
- Professional behavior when interacting with students, parents AND each other is the expected norm not the exception. It is best to think before you react.
- Wall containers for Units of Study have been posted in every classroom. All teachers are required to post their Unit(s) of Study for review.
- Instructional Coaches will be coming through in the next six days conducting mini-walkthroughs. Feedback forms will be distributed at our February 2nd Faculty Meetings.
- We began the new advisory schedule the week of January 18th. For the week of January 25th, academic teachers should be collaborating with their grade level advisory teachers to pull kids for RTI and/or provide instructions for them to use CompassLearning for RTI. The schedule for advisement lessons may be found in the link that follows this section. Advisement lessons are not optional.
- Speaking of RTI, you as the classroom teacher have the final say as to what counts as a classroom assessment. Vocabulary quizzes do not have to be entered in the assessment category. It is your choice as the classroom teacher. Additionally, we should begin making more use of CompassLearning as our RTI tool. Remediation activities and assessments can be assigned through CompassLearning and students given a deadline as to when they need to have the work completed. The students would still have access to you as the teacher for questions. This is something all core teachers need to start using as the semester goes forward. By using more CompassLearning, we can start transitioning from using so much of our planning periods for RTI.
- Teacher feedback forms will be distributed during faculty meeting on Tuesday for students in Grade Recovery Pool. The forms will be due back Friday, February 4, so the committee can review and determine eligibility.
- All teachers are responsible for the information that we send out to you via email. "I forgot" or "I did not check my email" are not acceptable excuses.
- Remember when entering grades for students currently assigned to the JCCLC, you will need to run a grade report from CompassLearning and enter their grades in INOW. The grades in CompassLearning are not weighted at the 75%/25% categories so you cannot simply take the overall grade from CompassLearning. You will need to enter the assessment average and the classwork average from CompassLearning in INOW to get an accurate grade for the students. Elective teachers (including PE) should have frozen the grade of any student sent to the JCCLC. Only assignments made prior to being sent and after the student returns count against the student when determining the students average.
- Make sure you are updating your PLPs with evidence as you go. We do not want to get behind and wait until the last minute.
- Make sure you are reviewing the duty roster each week. Morning duty begins at 7:20 not 7:30.