Cheerleading Preseason Workout
courtney parker and desiree johnson
2. Planks- start in pushup position. Do not perform pushup just old for one minute keeping your back flat.
3. Wall Sits- put back flat against wall with your feet (about 1 ft.) out then slide down until knees reach a 90 degree angle and hold position for 1 minute
4. Side Planks- start in regular plank position then lift one arm straight into the air making both arms in one straight line from the ground up holding for 1 minute. then switch sides.
5. Hand stands- go against a wall and put your hands on the ground. Kick your legs up resting against the wall.
5. handstand pushups
Suicide line drills- start on the gym floor at the beginning of one line. Run to the next line (its about 3 feet away) then run back to line 1, run to line 3 then back to line 1 then to line 4 and back to line 1. Keep repeating this until you have touched all lines.
Sprints- run about 100 meters as fast as you can then run back as fast as you can. Do this 3 times in a row.
2 mile run- do a two mile run and pace your self the whole time trying to keep a steady pace
- mile of lunges- to front lunges for 1 mile
straddle left and right and center
- pike stretch
repeat 2-3 times
10 jumping jacks
5 back handsprings
5 standing tuck
1 min plank straight arms
1. 10 standing tucks
2. 25 v-ups
3. 10 middle and side squats
4. 1 minute hollow hold
5. 10 burpees6. 15 candle stick drills
cycling- riding a bike for a few miles
- stair climbing- climbing up and down stairs