By: Ailene Najera
Plate Tectonics Tour !
Join Me, and I take you on a magnificent journey. I will take you around the world -totally free- to see real life plate movements. I promise you that you will have the time of you life. Now come and join me in this adventure.
What are the plate movements
The world is separated into plate tectonics and those plate tectonics interact with each other in many ways thus creating plate movements.
Types on plate movements
- Divergent Plate Movement- Plate tectonics pull apart
- Convergent Plate Movement- Plate tectonics collide together
- Transform Plate Movement- Plate tectonics slide past each other
You will go to New Zealand to see the Alpine Fault! The Fault was made because of a transform Plate movement. The Alpine Fault runs almost the entire length to the New Zealand's South island. There has only been 4 earthquakes in Alpine Fault. One earthquake happened in 1100.
Things to do in New Zealand
Next you will travel to Iceland. You will see the Mid-Atlantic ridge.The Mid-Atlantic ridge is a mid-ocean ridge caused by a divergent plate movement. Located along the floor of the Atlantic Ocean, it separates the Eurasian Plate and North American Plate. There has been many earthquakes in the mid-Atlantic ridge. There has been 3 this past month.
Things to do in Iceland
Finally you will travel to China. You will see mountain Huang. This mountain was created because of a convergent plate movement. It is Located in Anhui China. You can go to the Mountain Scenic Spot which is well-known for its wonders of spectacular peaks, odd-shaped pines, hot springs and seas of cloud. The most recent earthquake has happened in 2008.
Things to do in China
- The Alpine Fault is 7,580 miles from Richardson - 12 hour airplane ride
- The Mid Atlantic ridge is 3,823 miles from Richardson - 6 hour airplane drive
- Mountain Hang is 7,513 miles from Richardson - 12 hour airplane drive