Runyan Elementary Mission
At Runyan Elementary, we are a safe and welcoming community dedicated to student-focused learning driven by high expectations for all.
5/14 STAAR reward (celebrating all the hard work on the part of 3rd and 4th graders)
5/18 Social Studies DCC (2nd-4th)
5/19 Math DCC (1st only)
5/20 Science DCC (2nd-3rd) and Benchmark (4th)
5/20-5/21 PTO fundraiser items distributed to families for delivery
5/21 PK, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade awards ceremonies - virtual (see details below)
5/24 Kindergarten graduation - in person (see details below)
5/24 All tech devices checked out to students are due back to school
5/25 4th grade graduation - in person (see details below)
5/26 Field Day (AM)
5/26 Last day of school - early dismissal (12:00)
6/1 Report cards mailed to families
- Through Parent Access (PAC), you can send the teacher a Teacher Achieving Excellence (TAE).
- You and/or your child can make a card or video to share with your teacher.
- Your child can bring the teacher a flower.
Technology Checked out to Students
We must continue to be cautious about health and safety, so our ceremonies will be structured a little differently this year. Please note the specifics below:
- The ceremonies will be held in the gym / on the soccer field in back of the school.
- There will not be a remote option for the graduation ceremonies.
- Students will be seated in the gym with all the doors and windows open, and they'll come out to the porch behind the gym to receive their diploma, award, sing songs, etc. -- basically anything parents want to see will happen outside on the porch.
- Parents will seat themselves in the grass on the field behind the gym. This will be a very casual atmosphere. We encourage parents to bring lawn chairs or a blanket to sit on. We'll have a limited number of chairs for parents to borrow, and they are sure to run out quickly.
- Parents will enter the even through the gate in the parking lot. All visitors must have picture identification to enter.
- Bathroom facilities will not be available. Please plan ahead.
- After the ceremony, teachers will bring their class outside to the field, so parents have a brief opportunity to take additional pictures.
- Parents wishing to take their child home after the ceremony will have an opportunity to check their child out when they enter the ceremony. ID will be required, and only the child in the ceremony may be checked out. Once verified, the parent will be given a ticket. After the ceremony, while classes are outside on the field for pictures, parents will notify the teacher they're taking their child home and get the teacher's signature on the ticket. Then the parent will need to show the signed ticket to the person at the gate as s/he leaves the event.
- 2nd grade - 8:30
- 3rd grade - 9:30
- PK - 1:00
- 1st grade - 2:00
Please watch for the Zoom link from your child's teacher!
Field Day / Early Dismissal
We'll dismiss at 12:00 on May 26th. With the exception of bus-riders, parents will need to make arrangements to pick their child up early. If someone else will pick up the child on this day, s/he will need to bring the green dismissal sign and picture ID.
CISD is Hiring!
2021-2022 School Calendar
Important Arrival / Dismissal Procedures
- Doors open at 7:30 each morning. This is the earliest students may be dropped off for school. There is no supervision for students prior to that time, so please do not drop students off earlier than 7:30.
- Since we are not able to allow visitors into our campus, there is no need for parents to park and walk their child to campus. Parents arriving to campus in a car should use the car-rider line. Parents should not park in the back lot at this time.
- To help our car-rider line move as quickly and efficiently as possible, we are asking all students who are able, to get themselves out of the car on the side next to the school and walk into the building. There will always be staff on hand to assist students who need help and monitor for safety, but if cars don't have to wait on the next available adult, we can move things along more quickly. Of course, it is important to use safe practices -- students should always get out on the school side of the vehicle, and they should wait until they've gotten up to the part of the sidewalk covered by the awning before exiting the car.
- Students who dismiss as walkers must walk home. They may not be picked up by someone driving to the walker area in a car, even when the weather is bad. All students leaving school in a car must dismiss through the car-rider line, and cars may not park along the road to pick up a walker.
- Cars may only make a right turn into the car-rider line. This means cars will have to drive West down Foster Dr. in order to turn right into the line. (Left turns will not be allowed.) Cars may join the car-rider line on Foster from Porter Road or from Cedar Crossing. Please do not make U-turns on Foster Drive, as it creates a safety hazard for drivers.
- To make a dismissal change, parents may email the school at email@example.com and include a picture of their driver's license. All dismissal change requests must be received BEFORE 2:45 so we have time to communicate the change to the dismissal duty staff.
Counselor's Virtual Office
Assistance Form, 2020-2021
Forma de Asistencia 2020-2021
Remote School Counseling Services/ Servicios de Consejería Escolar
CISD Non-Discrimination Statement:
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner.
For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.