Pella Middle School
- 3/1 - 90 Minute Early Dismissal for PD
- 3/1 - School Registration for 2023-24 Opens (see below for details)
- 3/3 - Winter Informal from 3:30-6:30
- 3/8 - 90 Minute Early Dismissal for PD
- 3/10 - Final Day of Quarter 3 / 2nd Semester Midterm
- 3/13-3/17 - Spring Break
- 3/20 - First day of Quarter 4
- 3/22 - 90 Minute Early Dismissal for PD
- 3/24 - ALL Laptops left at school over the weekend
- 3/27-3/31 - ISASP Testing Week
- 4/6 - Meals from the Heartland Service Learning Day
- 4/7 - No Classes
- 4/12 - 90 Minute Early Dismissal for PD
- 4/19 - 90 Minute Early Dismissal for PD
- 4/26 - 90 Minute Early Dismissal for PD
Winter Informal Information
Student Council is hosting a winter informal this Friday, March 3, from 3:30-6:30. The cost is $3 to get in and $5 for a pizza fast pass. The fast pass may be purchased from Mrs Schulz between classes. The fast pass may also be purchased at the beginning of the dance on Friday after school. There will be food, snacks, a movie, games, music, and dancing.
Mock Trial with Mr. Garland
During the 3rd Quarter, a group of 7th and 8th grade students participated in a Mock Trial Extension during WIN time. These students examined two different court cases, became witnesses and lawyers, poured over any detail that could give them an advantage, and then competed in a live trial to win the votes of the jury. These students performed incredibly well and showed excellent depth of knowledge and problem solving skills!
Math Counts Competition: Three Individuals are on to State!
Pella Middle School participated in a Mathcounts competition in Oskaloosa in early February. It was a great experience and opportunity for the students to represent themselves and Pella Middle School!
Three individuals qualified for the state competition in Ankeny in March: Sam Keller, Sam Manning, and Luke Hartke.
Left to Right: Sam Keller, Luke Hartke, Sam Manning, Grant Finkin, Jack Brown, Max Stelpflug, Ruth Dunham, Aspen Kramer, Julia Nedder, Zane Redman
Middle school staff sharpen their saw, Habit 8, with a quick game of charades prior to professional development.
Mr. Ellis Leading his Class
Class of 2029 Visits Pella Middle School
Our 8th grade ambassadors provided next year's 7th grade students their first taste of Pella Middle School. What a great visit, and what an outstanding group of students. We are very excited to have them join us next Fall!