The PLP Weekly
Your one stop for everything PLP
Spring Break is almost here!
Upcoming Community Engagement Opportunities!
Saturday, Feb. 27th:
- The Banks family is looking for volunteers to help with an event the afternoon/evening of Feb. 27th! The event takes place in Gloucester and is over Spring Break, but if you will be in the area and have your own housing/transportation during that time, you can earn 4-5 service hours! Email Steph at firstname.lastname@example.org by tomorrow (Thursday) at noon for more information or to RSVP!
Wednesday, March 9th:
- The last Career Fair of the semester is coming up on March 9th, and the CCP needs student volunteers to help this event run smoothly! There are 60-90 minute slots between 9am and 4pm, with a wide variety of different tasks! You could help run Check-In, unload or load vehicles (greatly appreciated by recruiters), make sure our guests have water to drink, collect evaluations, or assist with the event's tear down.Follow this link to sign up, or check out this document (ignore the date!) for more information on specific volunteer duties!
Check out the Engagement Opportunities document for more information about these events. If you know of another qualifying event you'd like advertised, fill out a Service Submission Form at least two weeks before the day of the event!
Upcoming Passport Destinations
- Foucault's Final Lectures on Leadership
- Annual Symposium on African Culture and Diaspora
- Pride and Profit
- CCP: Finding Internships for Luter Students
- Managing Science at the Bottom of the World
- A Slice of Business Life - Stihl Inc.
- The Case of the Missing Southern Breweries
If you're helping plan a campus event that you think would help CNU students connect with leadership concepts in new and exciting ways, then please fill out the passport destination request form.
For a spreadsheet version of current passports, click HERE.
To view a full calendar of approved Passport Destinations, click the button above. Then you can copy events you'd like to attend to your calendar.
April 7th - Michael Beschloss (Distinguished Speaker Series - 7:30pm)
If you need to be excused from a speaker, you may fill out the Speaker Absence Form. This form must be filled out at least two business days prior to the speaker (with the exception of sudden illness or emergency) or your request may be marked as unexcused.
If you have met with your Staff Guide don't forget your Portfolio Submission is due 2 weeks after your 1-1 meeting!