Body Functions of... The Skin!!!
By: Alex, Colin, Nathan, Warren
5 Facts About the Skin
1. The skin is the largest organ in the entire body.
2. Skin is about 15% of your body weight.
3. Every minute, your skin sheds over 30,000 dead cells
4. Your skin has three layers.
5. There are two types of skin: hairy and glabrous.
5 Interesting Facts about the Integumentary System in the Human Body Corporation
- Main Function is to protect the skin from any outside aliments.
- The Integumentary System gives humans the sensation of pain.
- Holds in all internal organs and protects them
- Creates all sorts of liquids such as wax to make the skin softer.
- Helps maintain homeostasis and aids in eliminating which prevents dehydration.
The Function of the Integumentary System Within the Department
The integumentary system has many functions, most of which are involved in protecting you and regulating your body’s internal functions in a variety of ways:
- Protects the body's internal living tissues and organs
- Protects against invasion by infectious organisms
- Protects the body from dehydration
- Protects the body against abrupt changes in temperature
- Helps dispose of waste materials
- Acts as a receptor for touch, pressure, pain, heat, and cold
- Stores water and fat
Importance of the Integumentary System to the Department
Result of my Removal from the Human Body Corporation
What Effect will it have on the body if I am Removed
Removing Another System