Welcome to 2014!
Hey DPCYouth Family...
Here's a preview of what is going on this Spring/Summer...
Hope that all of your winter breaks were fantastic - restful, fun, and packed with love! We missed ya. Take a look at the big events you'll want to mark off dates for on your calendars this spring. We've got tons of great things planned for fellowship, service, and growing together, and we want you to be a part!
- Ski Trip: January 10th-12th - Sign ups Closed. Still Email Katherine if you want a last minute spot and we will do our best to fit you in!
- MLK Service Day: January 20th - We'll honor Dr. King's legacy of commitment to justice by serving some of the marginalized in our own Atlanta community.
- Lock-In: February 28th - Bring a friend and go on a nightlong adventure with us!
- Hunger Walk: March 9th- This Spring we will be part of a presbytery wide Youth group walking with our own DPCYouth team in the Hunger Walk!
- HS Led Worship: March 16th- We'll prepare this spring for High School Youth Sunday. That's right - You are in charge. Let's do it your way!
- Senior Sunday: 12th graders, May 18th is all about YOU!
- Spring Fundraiser -TBD
- End of Year Celebrations - May 25th
- MLK Service Day: January 20th - We'll honor Dr. King's legacy and commitment to justice by serving the marginalized in our own Atlanta community.
- Confirmation for 8th Graders: Kickoff January 26th. Retreat March 21st-22nd. Speak to Elders April 22nd. Confirmation Sunday May 11th.
- Faith & Sexuality Weekend Retreat: February 8th-9th
- Bowling!: February 16th.
- Hunger Walk: March 9th - This spring we will be part of a presbytery wide youth group taking on the Hunger Walk with our own DPCYouth team!
- Middle School Retreat: April 25-27th @ DPC Retreat Center: Swimming, Games, God, Fun!
- Spring Fundraiser - TBD.
- End of Year Celebrations: May 25th
New Retreat this Spring...
Parents and Youth... You may notice a new Middle School event in this Spring's line up. In addition to our Middle School retreat in April, where we will follow a theme for the weekend as we enjoy fun, sun, and fellowship together, we will be having a separate "Faith & Sexuality" Retreat with our middle schoolers. We are always a safe space at DPC for questions your children have, but we want to take that a step further in terms of educating and supporting our youth. And for our teenagers, puberty and sexuality are topics which are sometimes tough to discuss at school, home, and church. But sexuality is one of God's gifts and we want to take the opportunity to build understanding and healthy attitudes in our young people towards the mind, heart, and body issues involved. Middle School is an important time to start the conversation - How is sexuality a part of your relationship with God? How is relationship with God part of your sexuality? DPCYouth staff and chaperones will be joined by developmental psychobiologist turned seminarian Lisa Schrott in leading the weekend, for which we will also use the PC(USA)'s curriculum on Faith & Sexuality. We'd love to have your son or daughter join us on this retreat, and will be be hosting a pre-trip meeting for parents the week before. Please contact Katherine if you have any questions about this retreat or are interested in being part of the conversation - we need male and female chaperones!
And don't miss Summer Trip Sign ups, continuing til Feb 1st.
Middle School CROSS Mission Trip
High School Montreat Youth Conference
High School Honduras Mission Trip