Word From The Woods
Bishop Woods School Newsletter - 4.4.21
Greetings Bishop Woods Families,
Happy Easter and Happy Passover to all of our families that celebrate!
Marking period 3 grades closed on Friday, April 2nd. Report card grades will be ready in PowerSchool on Wednesday, April 21st. If your child has any work to make up from marking period 3 in order to bring up his/her grade, please be sure to be in communication with his/her teacher. Tomorrow, April 5th, will be the start of 4th marking period. Your child's final grade that will appear on the final transcript for this school year is an average of all four marking periods. Please encourage your child to work hard and finish strong! Since we used the 50 failure rule this year, every child has the opportunity to pass each class if they put maximum effort in this last marking period.
This Friday, April 9th is an early dismissal (12:40pm) and we will be off for April recess from April 12th - 16th.
Grade 8 parents....please be sure to check your email for your child's magnet lottery results for high school. There is a strict deadline to accept placement by April 23rd. After this date, your seat will automatically be declined. If you have any questions, please reach out to our school counselor, Maria Nuterangelo, or our magnet coach, Cara Campo.
Lastly, Bishop Woods was featured on this week’s What’s Right With Schools on WTNH!! Thank you to our magnet coach, Mrs. Cara Campo, for organizing this effort, which highlighted the work our school is doing with outdoor learning. Special thanks to the following teachers/classes that were highlighted in this segment as well: Mrs. Robert's 3rd Grade, Mrs. Lynch's 2nd Grade, and Mrs. Laughlin's 1st Grade! Check out the feature at the following link: https://www.wtnh.com/on-air/whats-right-with-schools-on-air/whats-right-with-schools-new-haven-magnet-school-transforms-outdoor-spaces-into-extension-of-classroom-to-expand-learning/
As always, please do not hesitate to reach out if you need anything.
Have a great week ahead!
Monday, 4/5 - Ja'sir W. (Grade K)
Tuesday, 4/6 - Alyssa P. (Grade 3), Julian S. (Grade K)
Wednesday, 4/7 - Elijah J. (Grade 3), Carmelo R. (Grade 4)
Thursday, 4/8 - Lorenzo I. (Grade 6)
Friday, 4/9 - Oscar M. (Grade 7)
Saturday, 4/10 - Jesus A. (Grade 1)
Sunday, 4/11 - Sa'niya G. (Grade 8)
Monay, 4/12 - Maria A. (Grade 5)
Tuesday, 4/13 - Damont G. (Grade 5)
Thursday, 4/15 - Lyric C. (Grade 5), Brianna E. (Grade 4), Khloe G. (Grade 7)
Friday, 4/16 - Angelinet T. (Grade 7), Ms. Wright (Kindergarten Teacher)
Virtual Field Day THIS Wednesday, April 7th!
Virtual Field Day is on Wednesday, April 7th! On this day, students will engage in fun activities that promote physical health and wellness! Before Wednesday, please work on collecting the following items. If you do not have any readily available, you can certainly compromise!
- 1 sock ball
- 1 plastic shopping bag
- 2 dish towels
- 1 piece cardboard or a book
- 1 stuffed animal
- 1 laundry basket
- 11 pieces of paper
- Coloring items
- 1 spoon,
- 6 paper towel or toilet paper tubes
- 1 ball to roll
We are looking forward to moving with you!
Here is a link to the Padlet to post picture of your child's participation in this event: https://padlet.com/dinanatalino4/iec8wqpm1ry6j398
Grade 8 Promotion Photos Happening This Week!
Grade 8 promotion photos are scheduled for this coming school week. The plan is below.
- Students can dress as you wish. They will be provided with their cap & tassel when they arrive for photos. There will not be gowns.
- Cohort A will take pictures on Tuesday, April 6th. Cohort B will take photos on Thursday, April 8th. Hybrid students will be sent down for their pictures at a scheduled time during the school day.
- Full remote students that would like to take a graduation photo must arrive to Bishop Woods during one of the following time frames on 4/6 or 4/8: 9:30-10:15am (specials block) OR 11:45 - 12:30pm (lunch block). You do not need an appointment...you can just drop in. First come, first serve during each block.
- You MUST pay by cash, money order or check. If you are paying with cash, you must have EXACT amount (no change will be issued)
- All package information is attached for you to review.
- You can pay in advance online through the website: https://dp-customers.com/ Our TAG # is 53842
Mother's Day Plant Sale
If you would like to order and/or sell flowers to friends and family, please download the informational flyer pdf and share it on your social media. Then, print and use your own order form. All orders are due to Mrs. Giammattei by April 16th.
Family-School Relationship Survey!
We want to know: “What do you think?” Please fill out the online survey to tell us about your experience with Bishop Woods School– where are we doing a good job, and where can we do better? . Your feedback is valued and the results of the survey are used to improve the learning environment. The survey is voluntary and confidential. Your answers will be summarized with other parents’ surveys and you will remain completely anonymous. We strongly encourage you to take the survey online at the following link:
Support Autism Awareness
Save The Date...
Important Message from Nurse Gloria re. Students with Asthma
Important Reminders for Parents of Hybrid Students
- Remember to charge your child's device EVERY evening and to send it to school the next day.
- Do not forget to pack your child a water bottle and supplies.
- We will be going outside daily (especially now that the snow has melted), so please be sure to dress your child appropriately.
- Please remember to pre-screen your child before sending him/her to school. If you need to give your child any kind of medicine due to how they are feeling in the morning, you must keep them home.
- Your child can log in as a remote learner if they are feeling well enough to join class, and will be marked remote present for the day.
- Please be sure to complete the Bishop Woods Student Absence Form if your child is not in school so that we have record of the reason, and whether or not our school nurse needs to reach out: https://forms.gle/6DZy4s7nWkxMHqc86
Gersch Grrrls Science You Tube Channel
Healthy & Safety Protocols
Student Absence Form: