Mrs. Marshall's Class----------September 22, 2014
News and Reminders
- There will be a Kindergarten Parent Night on Thursday, September 25th. The meeting will be from 6:00 to 6:45 in the library. We will be discussing some of our routines and procedures, assessments, homework, and behavior expectations. We hope you can make it!
- Look for Artsonia permission forms to come hom in the Tuesday folder. You can browse your child's artwork at www.artsonia.com/parents. Also, Ms. Bzdok has a facebook page just for her Art classes! Please visit her classroom facebook page and "like" it to stay up to date on what's happening inyour child's art class! https://www.facebook.com/#!/BzdokArtRoom
- Check out the Cross Oaks PTA website at www.crossoakspta.org. Please join the PTA and help support our school. It would be great if our class had 100% PTA support! Joining the PTA only costs $10. You can download a membership form on their website or pick one up in the front office.
- Homework will begin the 2nd six weeks of school. Students will have a homework notebook with a short assignment as well as nightly reading homework.
- Classroom Wish List: expo dry-erase markers
What are we learning?
Letter/Sound/Handwriting: Nn, Gg, Ww
We are learning to write our letters with proper letter formation. For a letter formation chart click here.
Sight Words: like, youReading---retelling a story in order, reading and writing color words, rhyming, one to one matching (pointing to each word as you read), why readers read/importance of reading
Writer's Workshop---labeling, drawing a character, procedures for writer's workshop, telling a story using your words, pictures, and writing, saying each word slowly and writing down the sounds you hear
Math---procedures for math workshop, counting strategies, graphing, interpreting data from graphs, number recognition, writing numerals 0 to 6, describing attributes of math tools, making an equivalent set
Science/Social Studies---weather and the 4 seasons
Assessments---This month I am completing the ELI (Early Literacy Inventory), DRA (Developmental Reading Assessment), and Counting Objects math assessment on each student. I will share the results of these assessments with you at our parent-teacher conference in October.
Specials Areas Schedule
Monday - Art
Tuesday - P.E.
Wednesday - Music
Thursday - P.E.
Friday - P.E.
Please remember to wear tennis shoes on P.E. days!