Thelma Jones Elementary Week of Jan. 24-28
Greetings Shark Family!
We have some students being dropped off in the mornings before 7:30 a.m. There is no adult supervision and these students are unsupervised. For the safety of your child, please do not drop off before 7:30.
- Send your son/ daughter with a coat.
- Breakfast is from 7:30- 8:00.
- Students must be in class by the 8:00 bell. If not, they are considered tardy and this will be marked on their attendance record.
- Please keep your students home if they are sick.
- You must show your government issued ID card to check-in.
Open House has been rescheduled for March 10th from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.
Thelma Jones - COVID Yellow MISD COVID Tiered System
The safety of our students and staff members will always be our top priority, and Mansfield ISD will continue to take various measures to provide a safe learning and working environment.
Due to the increase in active COVID-19 cases at our campus, we have upgraded our school’s COVID-19 advisory level from green to yellow. A yellow advisory level means that:
- All MISD COVID-19 mitigation efforts are still in place.
- No visitors or volunteers are allowed.
- Indoor assemblies have been temporarily suspended.
- Virtual meetings will be utilized and large gatherings will be avoided when possible.
This yellow advisory level will be in effect for two weeks (through Friday, February 4th). At that time, I will send a communication to all parents and staff after conducting a follow-up evaluation in partnership with district administration.
We know that COVID-19 is unpredictable and ever-changing. Therefore, district administration will continue to collaborate with our local health authority to make the necessary decisions about campus, extracurricular and district activity modifications.
We will communicate any future changes that occur with our advisory levels. Thank you for your cooperation.
Have a wonderful week!
27th- 4th Grade Field Trip to Rick Hermann
31st-3rd grade Water safety field trip-Trinh
1st-3rd grade Water Safety field trip-Escalante
7th-3rd grade Water Safety field trip-Krambeer and Terry
7th-Counselor Appreciation Week begins
9th- TJE DOC Squad Meeting (Dad's Club) 7:30 am-9:00 am
10th- Spring and Group Picture Day
18th- Student Holiday/Teacher Workday
21st- Presidents Day- No School
2nd Grade Chromebook Deployment
Second-grade Chromebook deployments took place Friday, January 21st. (SCHEDULE). If your child was absent on deployment day, a technician will make arrangements to issue a device to your child when they return to school. Any students needing a device after February 4, 2022 will need to submit a device request via work order online.
2nd Grade Parent Device Information Webinar
If you missed the online webinar regarding Chromebooks that took place on January 13, you can view the recording of the webinar. The webinar provides you information about device care, lost/damage/stolen processes, online safety and more The recording can be found here and on the district website.
Optional Device Insurance (Grades 2-12)
Take Care of Your District Issued Device
Take Care of Your District issued Device!
Please remind your son/ daughter of how to properly handle and store their district issued device, as there are many costs associated with them. (See Chromebook & Components prices below) You may also visit the Technology Department's page for Student Issued Devices.
If your child breaks their device, you may make payments (cash/check) to the campus secretary/Bookkeeper or through Payk12/Tickettracker if they are needing to purchase a replacement power cord, protective case or a replacement device.
Link for Payk12 is: https://www.ticketracker.com/store?schoolId=1545.
TJE DOC Squad
You will need to fill out the volunteer form which can be found below.
Power of Choice
Applications for MISD STEM Academies are now open online and will close Friday February 11th. Please visit the MISD Power of Choice webpage. Current 2nd and 3rd graders can apply to Brenda Norwood STEM Academy and current 4th graders can apply to Alma Martinez STEM Academy for the 2022-2023 school year.
Fine Arts at Kenneth Davis Elementary School
Please visit the link to see a recording of the online Kenneth Davis Elementary Fine Arts Academy parent information meeting so that you can learn more about this opportunity that will be available for our students in August 2022. Link to recording: https://youtu.be/qvdO5NmNRxs
For more information about MISD Power of Choice programs and applications, visit www.mansfieldisd.org/choice.
If you are sick, please stay home. Remember, masks are optional but encouraged.
If it is a school-planned field trip, parents are always welcome. When attending field trips, we ask that you adhere to the guidelines and timelines presented in the field trip letter.
- Chaperones must pay by the payment deadline.
- Your payment for your student needs to be paid by the payment deadline.
- All chaperones must have an MISD background check. No exceptions, as our students' safety is our # 1 priority. I have included the link for you to do your background check. You don't have to wait until field trip time so please fill it out at your earliest convenience.
- Background checks must be done in advance. There is typically a 10-day wait for background checks.
- Parents are not allowed to show up to the field trip site and join the group. We are very particular about how we set up groups to ensure the safety of our students.
- You must have a school badge when attending field trips.
Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures
In an effort to make sure our systems and procedures are running as smoothly as possible, I am including a few reminders about our dismissal process.
- Please make all transportation changes by 3:00 p.m.
- If you are making a transportation change, please email the teacher. If you do not receive a confirmation response by 3:15 p.m. you may call the office. Please do not call the office first. Oftentimes the office staff is very busy with phone calls and other duties. Likewise, everyone has different work schedules so we are not fully staffed at dismissal. We do not want to miss delivering a message about transportation changes so please make every effort to make those changes through the teacher.
- No dismissal changes will be made by word of mouth. We must hear it from the parent.
- Please limit walking into the office to pick up your students during dismissal. Again, we have limited staff and they are busy calling buses and answering phones.
- Once students have started moving to their dismissal location, we will not call them to the office until the office staff has fulfilled their required duties.
- Please be kind to the TJE staff!
- Write your child's teacher a note in their take home folder, if there is a change in how they get home.
- For same day changes, please email your child's teacher as soon as possible. If you do not receive a reply, then call the front office.
- No students dismissal schedule will be changed by word of mouth.
- Students need to be in class by 8:00 to be considered on time.
- Students must be picked up by 3:45.
- If your son/ daughter is in kindergarten or 1st grade, they must have an adult awaiting their arrival at the bus stop.
Free Breakfast and Lunch
- FREE MEALS for ALL students will continue for the 2021-22 school year!
Every MISD student is eligible for one free breakfast meal and one free lunch meal every school day.
A la carte and extra meal items will still be available for purchase.
It is very important that families still complete the Free & Reduced Meal Applications this year if they feel they might qualify. Why? Qualifying families approved on the program receive other valuable benefits and services for their children. It is also important for district funding opportunities, like Title 1 and comp ed, that are dependent on economically disadvantaged student data. Here is a short video that explains more about it:
We are hiring! The Student Nutrition Department has several positions to fill across the district. If you know of parents, community members, family, and/or friends looking for a job, please share! Thank you for spreading the word!
Apply for free & reduced meals: https://www.schoolcafe.com/mansfieldisd
Meal Payment System
SchoolCafé is a safe and secure way for parents to add funds to student(s) lunch accounts, monitor student(s) account balance, view purchases, and payments, and set up low balance email alerts. Register for a SchoolCafé account.
Questions about your child's cafeteria account?
If you have questions regarding a student's cafeteria account (application status, purchase history, obtaining ID or PIN, enrollment, etc.), please be ready to provide all names, schools, and IDs along with your questions to Student Nutrition at firstname.lastname@example.org or 817-299-6040.
Student Central is a place where Mansfield ISD parents can find the resources they need for school.
Do you need to update your email address or phone numbers in Skyward? You can make those changes in Family Access.
- Log into Family Access
- Click on My Account (top right corner)
- When the Account Settings screen opens, there is place for your email address and up to three phone numbers.
- Please note – Each parent/guardian can enter one email address to receive communication via Skyward Message Center.
- Once changes are made, click Save.
If you, parent/guardian, is unable to log into Family Access, there are a couple options:
1 – Use the Forgot Your Password link from the Family Access login page
2 – Email email@example.com
Mansfield ISD will provide bus transportation for all students meeting the eligibility requirements for transportation.
Find My Bus
School Bus Rider’s Safety Handbook
For Bus Delays & Substitutions https://docs.google.com/document/d/1j_9bi_plWMqtBDp8AG8B31rb3KzTAOIhRWe8B0CwTnY/edit
Covid Tiered System
Along with the list of health and safety protocols that have been in effect since the beginning of the school year, MISD has released a new COVID-19 advisory level system that provides guidance for implementing elevated mitigating strategies if percentages of active cases rise at a certain campus.
The advisory levels consist of green, yellow, and red tiers. Please view the COVID-19 advisory level system here. If the advisory level at a campus changes, the school principal will send out communication to parents and staff with further information.