- Psychoactive drugs- substance whose primary action is to alter cognition and perception.
- Stimulants- anything that causes change to the body
- Depressants- things that slow down the body
- Opiates- drugs to treat pain
- Psychedelic Drugs- whose primary action is to alter cognition and perception
- Tolerance- how much you are built up to a drug
- Withdrawal- abandoned use of a substance
- Addiction- is a state characterized by compulsive engagement in rewarding stimuli, despite adverse consequences.
- Dependence- the state of relying on or being controlled by someone or something else.
4.2 Altered States of Consciousness
Charles Tart - What are Altered States of Consciousness?