The Buzz From Ms. Cindy's Room
We will continue our focus on Community Helpers. We will be focusing on the jobs of construction worker, baker and dentist. The last two days before Thanksgiving break we will wrap up our theme. Some of the activities we have planned include:
- Making blueprints using shapes (represents observations through art and construction, duplicates shapes using a variety of materials)
- Making our names using play-dough and letter cookie cutters (to promote exploration and discussion of letters using play dough)
- Sorting out foods that are bad for our teeth (sorts objects/recognizing relationships)
- Cutting out teeth, estimating how many teeth they placed in the mouth and then counting to see if they are close (estimates, then counts to verify the number of objects)
- Drawing and writing about what we want to be when we grow up (uses writing as a means of expression/communication)
- Sorting tools to important places in their community (sorts objects/recognizing relationships)
- Children will have a chance to explore other classrooms' Community Helper themes
- Letter Ss
The firefighters talked to us about fire safety, the job they do and the tools that help them with their work.
After seeing a real fire truck we used shapes to make our own.
Gideon had Doctor Rylan and Nurse Lily to take care of him.
- November 25-27 - Thanksgiving Break (no school)
- December 4th -Dental Screenings
- December 18th - Winter Parties
- December 21- January 4th - Winter Break
Spotlight on Learning
Place five vanilla wafers on a plate. Use gel icing to write on numeral from 1 to 5 on each cookie, and then mix them up so they are out of order. Have your child arrange his cookies in order from 1 to 5. Enjoy the cookies in order. One, two, three, four, five - delicious!