- Be sure to check my webpage on the Milton School Teacher Pages and my Twitter for pictures and updates! @KBaileyTweets www.tinyurl.com/KB1415
- We are in need of baby wipes for the classroom. If you would like to donate any, please send them in with your child. Thank you!
Dates to Remember
- January 26th - Teddy Bear/Pajama Day (note about this coming home soon)
- February 13th - Valentine's Day Party 11:00
- February 16th - 20th - no school - Mid-Winter Break
- February 23rd - 100th Day of School (tentative)
This week, we are kicking off our bear unit. The children will be working to research different kinds of bears and to record their learning in All About Bears books, which they will create. We will notice the difference between bears in fiction and non-fiction books, and will explore how to use traditional books and e-books to support our learning.
Our guided reading is off to a great start. Please take care of the books sent home and return them in your child’s reading folder on his or her long day. Please record what you have read in your child’s reading log. It is fine to leave the reading log at home until you reach 100 books. Remember, anything that you read at home can be added to the log!
Happy Birthday to...
Caleigh Wardle - 12.27
Aarif Chen - 1.2
Things to Do at Home
· Practice writing lowercase letters
· Read your sight words every night
· Practice sounding out CVC words and putting the sounds together (for example: c-a-t cat)
· Write simple sentences using sight words you know (for example: I see a cat. I like dogs. The cat is red.)
· Go on a word hunt while reading
· Practice writing numbers greater than 10
· Practice solving simple addition and subtraction equations
· Practice zippering your coat and tying your shoes