Super Pre K News!
Weekly Update May 31- June 2
- Read and learn from Fiction and nonfiction text
- Practice writing their name, (begin with a Capital letter and followed by lowercase)
- Sharpen spatial reasoning skills
- Practice 1:1 correspondence
- Practice independent sustained silent reading
- Sharpen fine motor skills to aid in writing
- Continue to write daily in personal journals
- Review sounds of all upper and lowercase letters
- Review number sense and writing numbers 1-18
- Practice representing numbers with tally marks
- Add two 1-digit numbers to determine sum
- Order and Sequence items by size
- Practice reading and writing sight words
- Observe like a scientist using our five senses
- Sharpen knowledge of rhyming words
- Practice Beginning word sounds
- use ordinal numbers to represent position or rank in a sequential order.
- Measure with nonstandard forms of measurement
- Practice right vs left
- Practice AB, ABB, and ABC patterns
Letter of Month: Review A-Z
Numbers of Month: Review 1-20
*** As the warmer weather approaches, I want to remind you that students should be wearing closed-toe shoes; please do not send your child to school in flip flops and be weary of sandals. Your children like to run and play during outdoor time and these type of shoes are unsafe during active ***
*Please prepare a ziplock bag with a change of clothes to be kept in your child's backpack daily (pants, shirt, underwear, and socks).*
Please continue to work with your child at home on the following:
- Identifying, writing, and matching upper and lower case letters of the alphabet
- Writing their first and last name; beginning with a capital letter and followed by lower case letters.
- Identifying, writing, and representing numbers 1-10 (challenge them to go beyond 10!)
- Verbally Counting by 1's thru 20 (challenge them to go beyond 20).
- Identify words that rhyme
- Order/sequence a set of objects by size
- Beginning sounds of Upper/Lower case letters
- Knowing the days of the week
- Knowing the months of the year
- Recognizing AB, ABB, and ABB patterns
Have a safe and fun summer- God Bless you all!