Orr MS Parent Newsletter
November 12, 2020
Orr MS Staff is Telecommuting 11/12-11/30
CCSD is supporting the Governor’s Stay-at-Home 2.0. Orr Middle School is providing telecommuting services and full-time distance education for our students and families. All Orr Middle School teachers and staff will be telecommuting through Monday, November 30. Students will continue to participate in distance education without interruption. Additionally, all Orr MS administration, teachers, and staff can be reached through email or phone. We are committed to returning all messages within 24 hours.
We are committed to ensuring continuous support to the community!
Orr MS is Your Community School!
Please Complete the Reopening Survey
As we continue to monitor the COVID-19 health data, the District must proactively develop a plan to transition to the hybrid instructional model, while maintaining all health and safety protocols. At this time, we do not know when the hybrid instructional model will be implemented. Please answer the short questionnaire at https://aarsiapps.ccsd.net/survey/ by November 20, 2020, for the cohort selection(s) for your children. If the District transitions to the hybrid instructional model, this information will guide the District's implementation of the proposed transition to the hybrid instructional model. Thank you for your assistance.
Reopening Questionnaire Items
Content of the Parent/Guardian Hybrid Cohort Questionnaire:
1. The District’s approved hybrid instructional model allows for parent choice from one of the following two options:
- Option 1 - Students attend school in person two days per week and participate in distance education the other three days per week.
- Option 2 - Students participate in full-time distance education. (Students whose parents/guardians choose for their children to participate in full-time distance education may be required to remain in full-time distance education for the remainder of the school year, depending on available space in classrooms and schools.)
If necessary, students may be assigned to different teachers once the hybrid instructional model is in place.
If the District transitions to the hybrid instructional model, please indicate which option your child will participate in:
- Option 1 - My child will attend school in person two days each week and participate in distance education three days each week.
- Option 2 - My child will continue with full-time distance education for the remainder of the school year.
If the District transitions to the hybrid instructional model, transportation (riding the school bus to and/or from school) will be in place. Health and safety measures, such as social distancing, enhanced cleaning, and increased airflow have been established for all CCSD school busses. All students riding the school bus will be required to wear a cloth face covering at all times.
2. Does your child have an Individualized Education Program (IEP) or medical plan requiring curb- to-curb transportation service?
3. Is your child eligible for general education transportation service?
(If responding “yes” to questions 2 or 3 above) Will you utilize transportation service (ride the school bus) when the hybrid instructional model is implemented?
- My child will not ride the school bus.
- My child will ride the school bus to school only.
- My child will ride the school bus from school only.
- My child will ride the school bus to and from school.