Our Sunday School Class
Where we love the sinner, hate the sin, and seek His kingdom
Prayer Requests Sept. 22, 2013
- Ed- unspoken; Impact Conference, pray for people to be impacted by God
- Carman- unspoken; student, Jarrell, researching suicide, taken to PMC for psych eval
- Keith P - earache
- Melissa- friend, Christine, to sell house; friend, Sue, to heal well after surgery
- Kim - phone interview Monday; Mr. Leon's daughter had an aneurism and is at Chapel Hill
- Tammy. T. - family in York , Patty Stewart, lost a baby, moms boyfriend shook the baby
- Chace family
Notes From Today's Lesson (my version...feel free to disagree or correct me)
If I can't believe all of something, how can I believe just part of something?
What do we believe about Jesus, the Son of God? It is important that we understand who Jesus is. Jesus clearly claims to be God. Here, the audience attempts to stone Him because he was blasphemous.
John- what Jesus says He is....bread of life, way truth life, door, etc.
Look at what His disciples said. Thomas said, "My lord, my God." Simon Peter said, "thou art the Christ, the Son of the Living God."
I AM the daughter of the King.
Why does it matter?
If Jesus is not God, then the Scriptures are not true. If part of it is not true, then none of it is true.
Please join us for a cookout in honor of our sponsored missionaries, James and Sonya Herron. Bring your family to meet this missionary family from Uganda. Bring a side dish or dessert to share. Burgers, hot dogs and all the fixings will be provided.
Thursday Sept 26 6:30pm
Sponsored by the
Humprey/Bolin SS classes
Call Pam at 803-984-2183 if you need further directions or information. In the event of rain we will meet at Doug and Pam’s house – 645 Sunset Point Drive