No Excuses University
1. Describe how your mindset has changed or been validated.
I believe my mindsey was validated. Assessments should never be about the teacher. Assessments are to determine where the child is in their learning process. The assessments also help the teacher with their lesson plans if they have to make changes to their current lesson plan to fit the childs needs.
2. The 4 questions Lopez lists under “Defending our Assessment Practices”.
- Why are you participating in the assessments that you use with students?
- Can you share in explicit detail the value that you find in each assessment?
- Do you participate in assessments that you find no value in for students?
- Are you using an assessment you have no idea how to deliver, but are afraid to ask for help with?