Boone Meadow Community Update
Tuesday - March 24, 2020
- Classroom Community- Today's lesson's are coming to you from your classroom teacher and will focus on content across the curriculum. Please be sure to contact your child's teacher (homeroom, resource, related arts, etc...) if you have any questions or need support. We are here to support you and your child as best we are able.
- Resources- I've included a couple sections with varied resources for you and your family (or others you might know) should assistance be needed. Please review below and share with those in need.
- Spirit Week - I loved the Mustache and Mix-Match Monday photos. Today is TEAM WEAR TUESDAY! Continue posting your student/family/staff spirit week photos here: https://padlet.com/thundley1/Bookmarks
Be well my friends.
Minute Morning Message
Spirit Week - March 23rd-26th
Monday- Mis-Match &/or Mustache Day- Mix up the clothing, and maybe even wear a mustache. We can't wait to see what you create.
Tuesday- Team Wear Tuesday- Wear your favorite sports team jerseys/tops or ZCS/BME gear.
Wednesday- Everyone's favorite! PJ day! Stay in your PJs-don't get dressed (wait...did you do that all last week?)
Thursday- Vacation Wear Day- Hey, we're going on Spring Break! Do you have a favorite hat from vacation? Favorite t-shirt? Wear one, wear them both! Maybe you have a jacket or a towel- you make the call.
Post pictures and captions for any and all spirit days here: https://padlet.com/thundley1/Bookmarks
Related Arts Rotations...
Tuesday, Monday, 3/24/2020 –
- First Grade – Art;
- Second Grade – STEM;
- Third Grade – Wellness;
- Fourth Grade – Music
3/25/2020 – First Grade – STEM; Second Grade – Wellness; Third Grade – Music; Fourth Grade – Art
3/26/2020 - First Grade – Wellness; Second Grade – Music; Third Grade – Art; Fourth Grade – STEM
Friday, 3/27/2020 - No School; Spring Break Begins
Quarter 3 Report Cards
- To access your child’s report card, simply login to PowerSchool (using your parent login or your child’s login) and click on the Report Card link located in the left-hand menu.
- If you have forgotten how to login to PowerSchool, your child can most likely assist assist you (student login information - same information as Canvas)
- All future report cards will continue to be stored in this location, so you will always be able to access/view your child’s report cards in one place.
Resources for Helping Children
Attached are some resources that you may find helpful as you navigate these times with your children. The visual support attached is called HALT, which is an acronym to encourage us to practice self-care.
Common Sense Media
What’s Up with this Coronavirus? Comic for Kids
Mind Yeti Videos
Mind Yeti provides a great way for everyone to practice mindfulness. At the following link are over 15 videos of mindfulness sessions that help kids and families calm their minds, check in with their bodies, and notice their surroundings.
Sesame Street Little Children, Big Challenges
Young children face new challenges at every age and stage. That’s why it’s so important to help them build the skills they need to become resilient. With self-confidence and the ability to express themselves, little ones will be able to handle whatever may come their way and will just keep getting stronger.
How to Talk to your Kids About Coronavirus
This is an article written by PBS Kids about how to talk to children about coronavirus. You will find tips for handwashing, covering coughs, and practicing healthy habits.
Support for Helpers during Coronavirus
Resources from the Fred Rogers Center in addition to partner organizations for those of you looking for ways to create learning opportunities and structure for children.
Resources for Families Practicing Self-Care:
CNET Everything you need to know…
Resources for working, cooking, and coping while practicing social distancing.
The National Child Traumatic Stress Network Parent Guide
Support in understanding and coping during this time. The guide provide information on children’s developmental/age reactions and how to help.
Confidential Food Assistance from ZCS
Please use this link to set up a pick-up time for a food package from ZCS Food Service.
Assistance from the Boys and Girls Club
The Boys and Girls Club will also be offering a take out evening meal at the Lebanon Unit, 403 West Main Street. The offering is available to Club members and any community member in need during these difficult times.
Meals will be available Monday through Friday beginning March 16 - March 27 from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. with a limit of eight carry-out meals per family. We are initially preparing meals for at least 100 people each day and will make adjustments as needed.
Zionsville Food Pantry
4775 W. 116th St, Zionsville
Phone 317-873-8137, ext. 1087
Hours of Operation on Thursdays from 5-6 pm and Fridays from 12-2 pm
The Caring Center
1230 Ransdell Ct.
Hours of Operation on Mondays & Wednesdays from 8 am - 2 pm
Hours of Operation on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays from 11 am - 5 pm
(Closed on 3rd Tuesday and 4th Thursday of each month.)