Positions Held and Professional Development
Scale A Teacher (2014 .2 senior management release, 2015 .8 Room 4, 2016 Full time Hapu 1)
- Connected with the staff and community including Home and Schools staff representative.
- Created a fluid transition and maintained continuity of care for students in Room 4 when taking over from Kate.
- Introduced digital formative assessment to provide instant feedback for both the teacher and students using teaching app, Plicker.
- Shared my collaborative teaching experiences during full staff and team discussions.
- Created individual needs based programmes for children.
Demonstrated e-learning as part of my daily practice using Seesaw as a online student portfolio of their learning journey. As a result of this I've led a professional development group on the effective use of Seesaw.
- Increase in student agency through the introduction of daily five.
- Involved in PB4L professional development and implementation.
- Involved in action research on furthering my collaborative journey, including visits to other schools to review and reflect on other practice and physical environments.
- Supported children with targeted needs to increase engagement and accelerate progress.
Wairakei Primary School
Scale A Teacher (Job Share)
- Undertook Restorative Practice training and implemented it daily.
- Completed extensive professional development in future teaching practices, including:
- Collaborative teaching
- Teaching as inquiry teams using spiral inquiry
- Think Forward conference
- Google apps training
- Established and worked in a collaborative teaching environment.
- Developed skills for creating and maintaining healthy and positive working environments.
- Participated in solo taxonomy introductory course.
West Acton Primary School, London
Reception and Year 1 Teacher
- Implemented an e-Learning platform for children and parents to support learning outside of the classroom.
- Lead teacher for the implementation of Fronter, an online learning tool (https://eng.fronter.com/about-us/about-the-learning-platform/)
- Presented a session about Fronter at the Ealing Borough Learning to Learn Conference.
- Initiated and lead parent/teacher evenings to promote the value of parent involvement in school programmes.
- Ran literacy, ICT and numeracy workshops for parents to give them the skills to reinforce learning at home.
- Lead teacher for Year One, involving strategic planning and implementation of curriculum changes.
- Lifted the overall standard of literacy for the year group by creating and delivering a successful integrated needs based programme.
Orchard Infant, London
Reception Position – Long term Reliever
- Taught a class of 30 four and five year old children.
- Planned and integrated a range of language rich activities to improve the English for the large number of ESOL children while valuing their own culture.
- Introduced a numbers and letters programme that helped new learners take their first steps in literacy.
North Ealing Primary, London
- Lead the team which involved planning and delegating work for our nursery nurses.
- Wrote and produced an Easter production for the nursery department outside of normal school hours.
Year 1-8 Day-to-day relieving, London
- Used a range of behaviour management skills that are required when teaching at inner city schools in London.
- Taught at special needs schools for autism and worked one-on-one with an autistic child delivering speech and language therapy.
Papanui Primary, Christchurch
Year 1 & 2 – Beginning teacher
- Planned and reflected on teaching and learning, using newly acquired learning theory.
- Involved in school-wide activities such as curriculum leader for Art, Junior School Production and aerobics fitness club.
Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
General Teaching Council, United Kingdom
Bachelor of Teaching and Learning
Christchurch Collage of Education
- Encourage and give our students the tools to be successful self- managers, inquisitive and collaborative learners.
- Help grow caring, resilient, bold and respectful students.
- Provide a welcoming, open and flexible environment.
- Strive to be a collaborative practitioner/learner and leader.
Personal Strengths and Interests
- Highly Motivated
- Time Management
- Problem solving
- Leadership qualities
- Good sense of humour
250 Wairakei Rd,
Ph- 021 908 033
Kate McClelland- Team Leader
1305 Tram Road
Averil Hammond- Team Leader
1305 Tram Road
Ph- 027 385 4214