Book Potato Characters
Attention BCE Students
Celebrate National Library Week April 10 - April 13
Dress/paint/decorate a potato to look like a Book character
1. Buy a potato(es) at the grocery store.
2. Decorate/dress/paint your potato to look like a character from a story. It can be nursery rhyme, fairy tale, fiction book, or any children’s book character.
3. Stand the potato up so that it can be displayed in the Library-- 1/2 paper cup
4. Write your Character’s Name, the Book Title, your First and Last Name, and your Teacher’s Name on the stand or on an index card folded in half.
5. Take your potato book character to the Library on April 11.
6. Potatoes will be displayed in the Library as part of “National Library Week"
7. Each participant will receive a special bookmark and a treasure chest prize.
8. In addition, his/her name will be placed in a drawing. Three lucky participants
will each receive a book of their choice purchased from Amazon.