Week of May 16
Week at a Glance
SNACK WEEK! Please sign up to bring a snack in the lounge.
Book Fair all week!
Monday, May 16
- T-TESS Conferences
- End-of-Year RtI Collaboratives for 1st and 2nd in PLC room
- PTA board meeting
- Chad at Porter today (switched days for field day)
- Staff Meeting in the Computer Lab-Everyone come at first for Field Day Update
- ASPIRE Resumes
- All library books due today
- PTA Fundraiser Party-Candiss will let you know who is involved
Tuesday, May 17
- Kerri out to CIR training
- End-of-Year RtI Collaboratives for K, 3, 4 & 5 in PLC room
- PTA Meeting/Spring Choir Performance @ 6:00 PM
- Book Fair opened late
Wednesday, May 18
- T-TESS Conferences
- Talent Show Practice After School
- T-TESS Conferences
- Choir to NRH2)
- End-of-Year LPAC Meetings in Rollins office-Magaly will come and cover classes when you need to come down.
- Kinder Round-up "Blast of to Kinder" form 5:00-6:00 PM. Book Fair open until 6:00 for this event.
Friday, May 20
- Field Day- You may wear shorts as long as they match student dress code. See instructions for Angie for the day. Also, have plans in the event of rain.
Celebrating Carolyn for Serving the kids in BISD for 25+ Years!
- A huge thanks to Chad for preparing all the testing for STAAR, STAAR A and STAAR Alt! It is huge responsibility and he did an excellent job! Thanks to every teacher that tested, monitored the hallways and bathrooms, and kept your kids busy and quiet during the STAAR. It takes the whole school to work together to have successful testing days.
- Also thanks to everyone that were so flexible in their win time schedules and all schedules in general while we were working with kids thru STAAR. 2nd grade changed their win time for 3 weeks and 3rd, 4th and 5th gave us their STAAR A kids at odd times so that the interventionist and SPED teachers could work them in the computer lab.
- Thanks to Magaly and Andrya for holding down the fort in the office while Traci had to be out to be with Tori.
- Thanks to Jeff for coming over to help make a technology plan for next year.
- Thanks to Michelle for staying late on Friday to help the church work on our flower gardens in the front and courtyard. Thanks also to Felipe for helping out by watering up front and helping to clean up after the church left.
- A big thank to Jessica for letting me know about the power outage on Sunday. This enabled us to get TMIS out on Sunday night so that we had computers and phones on Monday.
- Hopefully everyone has logged in to your BISD Google Account. It is your firstname.lastname@example.org. Example email@example.com. You can use your normal login password to access your account.The BISD Communications Department is hosting a variety of website training sessions this summer.
Interested in a PERSONALIZED Website Tech Support Session? Email Tonia Pickett at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817-547-5781 to pre-schedule your one-hour session for either June 8 or August 3 to work individually with a web trainer to get your website ready for 2016-17.
Note: You are NOT confirmed until you receive an email from Tonia Pickett confirming your session.
- There will be an On-line Safety Survey that we will need our 3rd, 4th and 5th graders to take this week. More information to come out on Monday.
- 3- D glasses were delivered to your boxes last week to remind you to sign up for Learning in 3D. These glasess will also help you see special things and get you into the running for special prizes. See the link or the email from Mark Thomas sent out on Friday! http://birdvilleschools.net/3D
RES Night Out to NRH Sounds of Spring!
Tibits of Info
- Everyone should have a check out list. There are things due each week. For those that don't know, Edwards last name is Doty. Please bring your checkout list to people that you turn things into so that they can initial your sheet.
- T-TESS conferences and EA conferences will be held this week. Please come on time and prepared to answer domain 4 and to talk about your goal. I have conferences scheduled back to back in 30 minute increments.
- There is rain forecasted for the entire week. I am hopeful that it will rain in the evenings so that we can take the "natives" out during the day. We have a couple of rain plans for field day. Angie will explain at the staff meeting on Monday. We need all staff to attend the staff meeting at the beginning to get updated about field day.
- Please be prepared to meet for our last collaborative this week with your spreadsheet filled in and your student info. I would like for us to save all the spreadsheets on the 106 drive so we can start with that info for the following school year. The tier that we put the kids on now, will be the tier that the students will begin the school year with in 2016-17.
- The kids are already starting to get restless as we are starting to wind up the year. Thanks for keeping the kids schedule as normal as possible and trying to handle as many of the issues as you can. I know it gets harder as the year progresses.
- Every child should have a writing portfolio. You should have a writing sample from the beginning, middle and end of the year. These portfolios will not be due until the end of the year. Magaly has extra folders and writing score sheets if you need them.
- Deedra has planned some fun things for the summer! Please try and come if you are able. If you don't want to play Whirly Ball, you can always go and hang out. Also, let Jenny know if you are able to go to the Rangers game. These are good bonding activities.
- Please remember to sign up for snack week in the lounge.
- 10 days and 2 1/2 days left.... and only two more Fridays! You can do this!!
May 24-Richland's Got Talent
May 25-Make up day for Field day if needed
May 25-Capstone Projects presentations in the library
May 25-4th/5th to go on a field trip to sing with and hear organ
May 26-3rd Grade Field Trip
May 27-5th Grade trip to Park
May 27-1-4 Awards Ceremonies
May 27-Kinder Graduation at 2:00 PM
May 31-School dismisses at 12:30
May 31-5th Grade Graduation
June 1-Class Parties
June 1-School dismisses at 12:30
June 2-Teacher Workday-Breakfast at 8:30 in lounge and staff meeting
June-Aug- Professional Development Opportunities-See Eduphoria but most importantly........ VACATION!
August 12th-First day back
August 18th-Meet the Teacher
August 22-First day of School
Colors: Red and Blue
Grade Levels: Pre-Kindergarden-5th Grade
Remind Staff Link Info: https://remind.com/join/resataff15