October 17, 2022
¿Necesita traducción? | Precisa de tradução?
¿Necesita traducción? Desde una computadora o portátil, haga clic en "Translate" (Traducir) en el cuadro negro. Desde un teléfono celular o tableta, haga clic en el icono de Accesibilidad en la parte inferior de la pantalla y después haga clic en "Translate" (Traducir).
Precisa de tradução? No computador/laptop clique em "Translate" (Traduzir) na caixa preta. No celular/tablete clique no ícone Accessibilidade na parte inferior da tela e clique em 'Translate' (Traduzir).
Need translation? On a computer/laptop, click "Translate" in the black box. On a mobile phone/tablet click the Accessibility Icon at the bottom of your phone screen and then click 'translate'.
Dates to Know
- Oct. 20 - Early Release: Family Conferences
- Oct. 25 - Fall Picture Day
- Oct. 25 - 31: Dr. Tremblay's Residency @ King
- Oct. 27 - Early Release: Family Conferences
Toys & Trading Cards @ School
Picture Day Is Coming
From Coffee Pond: Need assistance? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (508) 907-6633 ext. 0
We have made it easy for you to place your portrait order online and support your school! A portion of the proceeds of every order placed on or before Picture Day are returned to your school to support fundraising efforts. Just follow these simple steps:
- Go to www.coffeepond.com and click on the big red button that says “Order School Portraits and shop our exclusive products”.
- Using the drop-down menu, select the city and state where your school is located, then select the name of your school.
- Enter your child’s information, including full first name (as it appears in the school’s registry).
- Select your packages and add them to your cart.
- If you have more than one child attending this school, click “Order for Another Child” and repeat the steps above.
- Once you’ve added packages to your cart for all your children, you’re ready to check out! Follow the prompts to enter your contact and billing information.
- Once all your information has been entered and you’ve reviewed your order, just be sure to click “Submit Order”!
Family Conferences have begun
We look forward to continuing to develop home-school partnerships throughout the year!
Upcoming Boot Drive
Yale Appliance Hosts Winter Boot Distribution
Date: Thursday, October 27, 2022
Where: Harmony Grove Elementary School; 169 Leland Street
Who: All FPS Families welcome
From Your Specialists!
Hi Families! This year, our specialist team wants you to be able to take a look inside our classrooms. This is the first of many "Specialists Corner" for you to see the fun activities we're doing, and communicate any upcoming events or activities!
Here is our first edition of "Specialists Corner!" https://www.smore.com/pxfhe
Information from PTO
*Mark your calendars for October 30th as it's our annual Trunk or Treat Extravaganza! For those who've never attended Trunk or Treat, you can choose to decorate your car or just park in the front parking lot and walk around back to trick or treat at each car. If you choose to decorate your car, please arrive at the school by 3:30 and plan to stay until 6pm. There will be volunteers directing you where to park in the back along the playground. You open your trunk and decorate it in whatever theme your family has chosen :)
Kids will trick or treat from 4-6pm and 3:45-4:30pm will be sensory friendly. There will be music, and prizes will be given to the top 3 decorated cars and the top 3 costumes! Costumes are encouraged, but not required. If you don't want to dress up, you can still come and enjoy the event.
To sign up for trunk or treat, please visit trunkortreat.kingpto.com. We look forward to seeing everyone there!
*Thank you so much to everyone who participated in the Ultimate Lion Challenge and made the event a great success. With your help, we were able to raise more than $20,000 for our school and the students earned a whole school reward! Congratulations to our 5th, 4th and 3rd grade classes for being the top earning grades in the school. Their pizza party, kick-ball games and extra recess will take place over the next few weeks.
*Our October PTO meeting will coincide with Dr Tremblay's visit to King and will be Wednesday October 26 at 7pm in the school cafeteria. There will be Portuguese and Spanish translation and 2 babysitters will be present to help. More info to come!
Meet the King Staff!
Parent Teacher Home Visit Program
In case you missed this, the District has recently announced that we are resuming the home visits program in partnership with Parent Teacher Home Visits, a non-profit, grassroots network, in an effort to build stronger relationships with our families. Please read Dr. Tremblay’s letter about this program on the FPS Website: https://bit.ly/FPS91622.
Allergy Friendly Classrooms
- We ask that snacks (that are often eaten in the classroom) do not include nuts or nut butters. All classroom spaces at King this year will be allergy friendly rooms. Students are, however, allowed to have nuts and nut butters as part of their lunches in the cafeteria.
- In the cafeteria each classroom has 2 tables. One is labeled allergy friendly. We ask that any students that have nut or nut butter allergies sit at these tables; we ask that any students who have nut or nut butters as part of their lunch sit at the other tables.
- Students have been introduced to this in the cafeteria already, and will be reminded by their classroom teachers again.
Pick Up & Drop Off: Please pay careful attention to directions from staff as well!
How to Change Close Captions to Another Language
Tour the school with ROARY!
Important Information SMORE
Doors open: 8:50am
Breakfast: 8:50am - 9:05am
School begins: 9:05am
School dismissal: 3:20pm
*Early release dismissal: 12:55pm (lunch is served)
*Half day dismissal: 12:20pm (lunch is not served)
Attendance Line: 508-782-7201
King Elementary School
James Bergeron - email@example.com
Julie Gelardi - firstname.lastname@example.org