Tonasket School District
Becoming a Certificated Substitute
If you have experience working with children, we invite you to apply to Tonasket School District to work as a Certificated Substitute.
Will there be training?
Yes, the Tonasket School District will provide training for Substitutes at time of hire.
How much will I be paid?
Certificated Substitute salary schedule can be found on the district website's Employment tab under Benefits & Salary Schedules:
How do I apply to become a Certificated Substitute?
The steps to becoming employed as a Certificated Substitute are outlined below.
- Contact the Tonasket School District Office to check the availability of substitute positions.
- Contact the district office for a certificated application.
- Submit the application back to the district office. Please indicate in your letter of interest that you are interested in working as a certificated substitute and your experience working with children in grades kindergarten through grade 12. This experience can be paid or volunteer experience.
- An interview will be set up for you with a district administrator. It is upon their recommendation to hire you as a substitute.
- 5. Once approved by a district administrator, speak to the district office about completing a fingerprint background check to submit to OSPI: http://www.k12.wa.us/ProfPractices/fingerprint/Procedure-Fees.aspx. Fingerprints will be valid for all school districts in the state of Washington.
- You cannot work until the district receives your fingerprint background check results.
- You will then receive a contact from the district office regarding scheduling an appointment to complete hiring paperwork and orientation.