Eagles' News Brief
Class of 2022 graduates are invited to return to Vandora - June 8, 2:15! This is an opportunity to see former teachers & classmates that now attend Garner Magnet, South Garner, Enloe, South East, and Middle Creek! Please wear your cap and gown.
We are particularly looking for volunteers for the afternoon- grades 3-5 time slots. Please sign up! You student will be thrilled to have you there! *If you've not already done so, please stop by the to get registered as a volunteer. Thank you!
End of Year Reminders:
- ALL Library Books are PAST DUE.
- Students who are leaving WCPSS MUST return their Chromebook and other school materials on or before their last day of school. (Click here to see how to back up any of your student's files you'd like to keep.)
Apply for Free and Reduced Price Meals
All students currently receive free school meals supported by federal funding due to the pandemic. This funding is set to end on June 30, 2022. In order to receive free or reduced-price meals for next school year, families need to submit a meal benefits application.
All families must complete an application for the 2022-2023 school year starting July 1 in order to receive benefits. Please allow 10 business days for processing.
For every student that turns in the free and reduced meals application and qualifies, the school also receives federal funds that benefit the students and teachers at the school.
We need you to complete a 2022-2023 meal benefits application so our school can be eligible for extra funding next year. If you have not completed a free or reduced-price meal application and think your child may be eligible, pick up an application at your child’s school or apply online. Paper applications can also be requested by calling 919-588-3535 or 919-856-2920 or emailing email@example.com.
- K-5 Breakfast $1.50 and lunch $3.00
- 6-12 Breakfast $1.75 and lunch $3.25
If you have / or know of a rising kindergarten student, we encourage you to go ahead and enroll early. Tours are available! Questions? Contact Tracy Cattano (firstname.lastname@example.org, 919.662.2486 x26141). *Student must be 5 by August 31, 2022.
Can you believe it's that time already? Kindergarten registration is OPEN! Click here to complete the online registration process. For more detailed registration information, visit the WCPSS website!
Here is a list of required documentation that we need you to provide so we may complete registration:
- Current proof of residence - (gas, water, or electric bill that is no more than 30 days old, lease/contract on apartment or house.)
- Certified birth certificate (we must be able to feel the seal.)
- Photo ID of parent/guardian
- Record of immunizations *
- North Carolina Health Assessment completed and stamped by a physician. *To be on file within 30 days of starting school*
Don't forget that you still need to enroll at your base school first, even if you plan to request a transfer to another school.
We look forward to you being a part of our Vandora Springs Elementary Family! If you have any questions, please reach out to Tracy Cattano, at 919-662-2486 ext. 26141.
Click here to learn more about our WCPSS Preschool Program!
Thank you for helping us keep our school and your little ones safe by not sending them to school if they have ANY Covid-19 symptoms that are shared in the list below.
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- Headache, New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting, Diarrhea
It is also very important that you do not send your child to school if he/she is awaiting Covid test results. There is more guidance for you here for you to refer to as needed.
Thank you for helping us keep our school safe and Covid-free!
Volunteering is helpful, but it is not required. Contact Bonnie Fagley- email@example.com.