Principal's Corner #22
January 27, 2019
This team will....
- Join me at 3:00 on February 4th to browse the two options (SARC)
- Participate in site visit(s) to schools using the programs. (Will involve a sub day/half day)
- Share information with staff.
If you would like to be a part of this team, please email me before the end of the day Wednesday. Once I have a list of all who are interested, I will send an email to confirm our literacy adoption team.
There are several of you who have not completed the form below. Please complete the Beyond Diversity Google Form below.
Supply List Reminder
It’s hard to believe we are already making plans for the 2019-2020 school year, but it’s time to work on supply lists.
Kindergarten lists need to be turned into me NO LATER THAN Wednesday, January 23th.
1st through 5th need to be turned into me NO LATER THAN Wednesday, March 27th.
Please keep the following in mind when created the lists.
- No more than 48 pencils
- No more than 9 glue sticks
- Never ask for money on the list
- Do not list name brands as a requirement (keep it general i.e. washable markers, sandwich bags etc.)
- Keep the entire list by grade level under $50 (including kits from an outsourced company).
Why Stories - Remember to write your story before our staff meeting on Wednesday, January 30th.
As you all reflect on the stories shared, what themes/topics did you hear? Using the link below, please submit your responses. You may submit up to 6 entries per why story (doing a separate submission for each story shared).
When thinking about the work you do everyday, who has impacted the person you are today? What did this person do that changed you? What drives you? What keeps you coming back everyday? What gives you purpose? All these questions will help guide you in writing your story. Don't forget to write your WHY story by Wednesday, January 30th.
Cottonwood Creek Behavioral Referral Form
If you are interested in being a cooperative teacher for the 2019-20 school year, please let me know ASAP!
Upcoming Testing Windows
Access: January 14-February 15
CMAS: March 25-April 19
CCSD Common 5th Grade Assessment: March March 4-15
Other Important Dates
- Tuesday, January 29: SpEd Collaboration Day, RESCHEDULED to February 26th
- Wednesday, January 30: District PASS Meeting 6:00pm at CCHS
- Thursday, January 31: Ashley out all day
- Friday, February 1: Ashley out all day
- Friday, February 1: Jump Rope for Heart Assembly at 1:30pm
- Monday, February 4: Ashley out all day
- Tuesday, February 5: CMS Orchestra/Choir Program, Gym at 1:50pm
- Tuesday, February 5: Skate City 4-6pm - Hope some of us can attend.
- Thursday, February 7: Sister Schools/Guiding Coalition out in the AM
- Thursday, February 7: 4th Grade Program 6:30pm
- Friday, February 8: Ashley out in the AM
- Friday, February 8: Math PD with Kristina Layman in the conference room
- Tuesday, February 12: Katie and Ashley out in the morning
- Wednesday, February 13: Katie out in the AM
- Wednesday, February 13, 2019 Please join us in the Cottonwood Creek Ristorante to help us serve a spaghetti meal to Cottonwood families! We will have two different sittings, one at 6:15 and the other at 7:15.
- Monday, February 18: No School, Presidents Day
- Tuesday, February 19: Non-Contact Day
- Monday, February 18-21: PLC Summit in Phoenix, Katie and Ashley gone
- Friday, February 22: End of Data Collection
- Friday, February 22: Katie and Ashley out in the afternoon
- Tuesday, February 26: Battle of hte Books Semi-Finals, Heritage ES 4-5:30PM
- Tuesday, February 26: SpEd Collaboration Day
- Thursday, February 28: Jump Rope for Heart (during specials)
- Thursday, February 28: Katie out in the AM
- Friday, March 1: Ashley out in the AM
- Friday, March 1: Sock Hop
- Saturday, March 2: DI Tournament, Grandview HS
- Monday, March 4-Friday, March 8: Conference Week - More information to come.
- Thursday, March 7 and Friday, March 8: Non-Contact Day
- Monday, March 11: Class Picture Day
- Monday, March 11: Battle of the Books Finals, Cottonwood, 4-5:30PM
- Tuesday, March 12: Katie and Ashley out in the AM
- Wednesday, March 13: Katie out in the AM
- Wednesday, March 13: School Accountability Meeting, 6-7pm Innovation Space
- Thursday, MArch 14: Ashley out all day
- Thursday, March 14: 3rd Grade Program, 6:30PM
- Friday, March 15: Katie and Ashley out all day
- Monday, March 18-Friday, March 22: SPRING BREAK
- March 27: 1st-5th Grade Supply Lists due to Katie