Feb. 19th, 2018 Pony News
On the Side of Hope!
Culture of Universal Achievement
We are a school that strives to guarantee each child a college ready education through high quality, integrated learning experiences.
Today. Leaders Tomorrow.
Students, Staff and Community design and implement learning experiences for EVERY student, without exceptions, and without excuses, that provide engaging and innovative experiences, effectively utilizing our resources, every day.
Every member of our staff believes that:
- I create a learning environment that recognizes every student is uniquely capable of meeting academic standards and deserves to be challenged each day.
- I embrace my responsibility to be an effective and efficient steward of all resources with solution oriented mindset.
- I create a safe, positive, nurturing and inclusive environment where college readiness is expected.
- I actively communicate with community partners to develop and cultivate strong relationships and build a bridge of understanding and mutual values.
- This Culture of Universal Achievement defines who we are and what we stand for as a staff.
Click here to read more about our Culture of Universal Achievement.
A Minute with the LASes
- This week we will start the TELPAS online practices. Remember that if you are the Spanish teacher in a Dual Language partnership, you will go with the LEP students to the computer lab. The English partner will stay with the Non-LEP and monitor students in the classroom. Please see the weekly calendar below.
- The second writing sample, about math content, will be collected on Thursday.
- Also, remember that we will meet in the Computer Lab on Thursday, Feb 22, after school for a calibration make-up.
Ms. Benton created this video to help you in case you want to use google folders to collect your artifacts.
February 19th Campus Professional development
- We will have our campus learning on February 19th.
- We will begin our learning promptly in the library at 8:00.
- You don't need your computers for your morning session.
- We will have light breakfast beginning at 7:30.
Click here for the agenda
Both books not only have goals broken down for each reading level, The Next Step Forward in Guided Reading also has ready-made resources for you to use with your groups. :)
Come check them out today before they are all gone!
Monday February 19th
- Student Holiday/Campus Prof. Dev.
Tuesday February 20th
- PLC in DataHub
- Multilingual Coordinator
Wednesday February 21th
- All Level Team Meetings
- Dress for Success Day
- BLT Meeting
- LA ACT
Thursday February 22nd
- Math ACT
- 2nd- 5th: TELPAS Math writing sample due
Friday February 23rd
- LA, Math, Science, and ITF ACT
- LVES Spirit Day
Staff Shout Outs
- Y.Bernal- Thank you for helping with our 4th graders :)
- Mrs.Speer- Thank you for always helping out with my tutoring kids!
- Marla Rodgriguez and Coach W for helping blow and tie 100 balloons for 1st grade.
- Mrs. Rowland for her kindness and thoughtfulness for watching out for me!
- Mrs. Sammon for helping me out with lesson plans
- Mrs. Abrego for doing such a tremendous job working with your students.
- Mrs. Mullikin for putting forth effort in tackling the most difficult of situations in this season of your teaching career.
- Dana McGraw for her quick action in providing the Heimlich manuever and saving a choking child! Way to GO!
- Thank you to 2nd grade for being so diligent in the hallways during testing! Your quiet students and hard work are appreciated!
- Mrs. Vando - for all of your hard work throughout the building!
- Mrs. Rimling - thank you for cleaning our 2nd grade projector filters!
- Special thank you to my mystery friend who bought a book for me from the book fair! It made my day and it is a new class favorite! -Sammon
- Mrs. Zamora for working with me on getting the Bright Bytes survey out to all students, teachers and parents!
- Ms. Amador for coming to help during jump rope for heart.
- Mr. Colon, Mr. Anderson, Ms. Kilam, Mrs. Norton, Ms. Aracely Hernandez and Ms. Echevarria for coming to help to the UNT field trip.
- Thank you to Ms. Green for organizing the field trip.
Click here to submit your Shout Out.